Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

which phone?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by pepster2, Jun 20, 2006.

1. pepster2

pepster2 New Member

My Phone:
    razr v3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    alltel
    I live in central florida. Alltel is coming to my job site next week to see if they cam inprove service. I have been looking at there phones incase I move to them. I see all the new phonse are all digital. RAzor ect. With the the national freedom plan do you run into many places you would need the analog feature? It seems to get a phone from Alltel that is not a year behind it is all digital. It always seem that Alltel does the mail in rebate thing instead of just lowering the price. Which has the better signal. Razor any good? also looking for one for 80 year old mother to use. She wants a flip phone but not too hard to use. Thanks for any info.

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Yes, the Razr is a good phone. You won't find any GSM phones that also run on analog. That is a function of TDMA and CDMA phones. TDMA serivce is no longer sold, and the network is slated to be shut down in the near future. CDMA is the technology used by Verizon and Sprint, but even now they are moving away from offering phones that will roam on analog.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Not much of the Alltel network has only analog. Only in the sticks, I mean really sticks......Where will it be used primarily? I'm fairly certain that all of Florida is covered by digital. The best phone for reception offered is the Moto e815, but the RAZR isn't far behind that. Both are very good phones. For your mother I would just look for one that has a big screen and easy to punch keypad.....

In fact I just checked, you are north of Tampa, Alltel even has EVDO (high-speed broadband up to 2.4 Mbps) wireless coverage in Tampa and surrounding area. Although you are outside of that according to your zip code in your profile. I am just gauging the likely hood that analog is near you. I would be very suprised to find out that you will ever be in an area near your home on analog.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 strunke, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  4. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Your on the frionge of evdo coverage. i would ask the rep if they have a e815 or razr and see if you see an EV in the top left hand corner. you may be able to have broadband wireless if it does. Razr gets great reception. also, before i got my razr, i can't remember the last time my older phone picked up analog and i go to the sticks a lot... hey i live in arkansas

5. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I can't rember the last time I seen analog and I spend time in the sticks too.

6. budone

budone Junior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel

Just travel to the UP of Michigan about 40 minutes south of Houghton. I do wonder if they will fill those areas with digital service when Analog is taken down. It is pretty sparse down there.

7. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Yes I've been all over the UP I think it's great (see my avatar lol). I wonder the same, although I believe they will, there just aren't enough people up there to make it a priority. But it will be done. Florida shouldn't have any problem though.

Keep in mind though. Analog may not even be taken down. The companies with analog aren't required to keep them up then. But it doesn't mean they will take them down as soon as the deadline is up. Most likely there will always be at least analog there until they decide to convert it, no matter how far past the 2009(or 2008 not sure) marker it is.