Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Which phone to go for ..( at & t)

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by thekoolguy, Mar 3, 2003.

1. thekoolguy

thekoolguy New Member

Which phone to go for ..( at & t)

this is my first post ..sorry if I get anything wrong ..I want to sign for
    at & t in Omaha, NE . ( as I cant get the 30$ plan from sprint anymore).
    Could anyone pls let me which phone is best to go for ...considering price, reliability.

SonyEricsson T68i or Motorola V60i or motorola T720..nokia 7210..

thanks in advance ..

2. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    From what I have read here, the t68 has poor RF performance. The 7210 would be my personal choice, but that is just my opinion. Narrow it down like this, is color important to you? If so, eliminate the v60, do you prefer flip or candybar? Flip, the 720, candybar, the 7210. All of the phones have great features, but for me, I would go with the 7210. However your biases and preferences may be different than mine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dakkon74

dakkon74 New Member

Of the phones you listed I would go with the v60. The 720 and the Ericson are bad news. I know people with both, and I have also ready similar things on the net. The 7210 is pretty new, so there is not much out on that phone. It sure is pricey, but Nokia has a good reputation. I have had good luck with my Nokias.

4. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Personally I'd go with the Nokia 7210. Stay away from the SE T68i it's a bad phone.

5. parthery

parthery Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9810
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Unless you have a burning need for GSM service...I would go with the V60 TDMA. Reason is - once you get west of Lincoln, there is no GSM coverage.

You could also look at the Siemens S46 which would give you the best of both worlds.

6. VTEC01EX

VTEC01EX Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung E105
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    My neighbor has had excellent luck with his Siemens S46. Prior to that he had a V60t, and was pretty happy with it, but this way when he's in Columbus he gets the GSM benefits (faster data services, better battery life, etc). but when he's out in Zanesville, for example, he still gets solid TDMA coverage. Based on the looks of ATT's GSM map, I'd probably want the Siemens S46.

7. thekoolguy

thekoolguy New Member

I am very grateful for your advice...I am going for V60i...

Thanks again...

8. VTEC01EX

VTEC01EX Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung E105
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    My mom has a V60i TDMA phone and it's been fantastic so far. Much better than my V60i CDMA. Hop on over to the Motorola forum once you get it and play with it a little bit.