Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Which Phone is Better?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Dav657, May 7, 2007.

1. Dav657

Dav657 New Member

Well hello everyone! Been an alltel user for 4 years now. And was wondering what new phone i should get. I was looking at the LG AX8600 but know i see they have a phone that looks very similar to the trace. I think its called the wafer. I was wondering which phone is better. Meaning in every way possible such as text, camera, video, and internet. Also thinking about getting a Moto Q but since I do a lot of skateboarding I've decided to cut this one from my decision seeing as it might get broken. :( But doesnt mean it i wont get it.

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Well. The wafer will have better battery life. As far as reception I'm not sure (right now i have to give it to the LG just because the wafer is an unknown to me, the LG is supposed to have slightly better reception then the razr v3c, which is good). Wafer is a sleek bar phone, 8600 is a sleek flip..... The LG likely has better mp3 controls and player (but again i'm not entirely sure) the wafer is a new phone and not many have experience with it yet....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. musicismylife4va

musicismylife4va New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    DEFINITELY the LG. You've probably made your choice by now, but from what i've heard the LG is better in pretty much all areas over the wafer. i'm looking to get one in a few weeks. If you ended up getting the LG could you tell me how you liked it. Thanks

4. R11290

R11290 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple IPhone 3G S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I would recommend the LG.

I have the Wafer, and while I think it could potentially be a good phone, it has one major shortfall. The callers on the receiving end constantly (pretty much always) complain about an echo of themselves. It is impossible to have a conversation without this complaint. I have tried the software update that did not remedy the problem.

I have a friend with the LG and it has all the same features with seemingly much better listening/talking qualities.

5. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I would also recommend the LG AX8600. IMHO, it is far superior to the Samsung Wafer. (Never thought I'd be recommending an LG over a Samsung but there you go.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...