Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Which is better LGVX10, Audiovox 9500 or the Moto T720

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Waycole, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Waycole

Waycole New Member

Ok Cell phone gurus. Which is better LGVX10, Audiovox 9500 or the Moto T720? I need to get a new phone and I do not know which to choose. I do not travel that much but, reception and signal strength are my 2 biggest issues to have on a phone. I am on the Verizon wireless network and live in the New England area. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!![​IMG]

2. spanky

spanky Junior Member

Well-

It depends what you are looking for - if color screen, custom faceplates, or the ability to create custom ringtones are important to you - rule out the VX-10 - only the T720 & 9500 have those.

The T720 has been getting mixed reviews - many of the complaints about it are in regard to it being "buggy" and the reception is not up to par.

The 9500 has been getting excellent reviews, but it seems to be lacking some key features that the VX-10 and T720 have - like a calendar, calculator, and an alarm clock. but it does have speaker phone where the other two do not.

The T720 I'd say is the most feature rich of the three phones.

I personally own the VX-10, and have had no direct experience with the other two.

As far as the VX-10 goes - its a solid phone! It gets great reception (I can pull in a signal in the concrete basement of my office where my previous two Nokia phones could not) and the sound quality is excellent. The volume on the earpiece is also excellent - which is a refreshing change for me. The interface is a little quirky, especially for a lifetime Nokia user, but it didn't take long to figure out and get used to. The calendar and phonebook features on the VX-10 are actually a bit better than the Nokias - IMO.

The only downsides to the VX-10 I can think of is that it lacks Voice Dialing/Voice Command (which I believe the other two have) - its not color (but the greyscale display is one of the sharpest ones I've seen yet!), and the support/ users manuals are fairly useless - lacking important info - IMO.

I hope this helps out!

spanky

3. 2m

2m New Member

Wacole...

I have the T720c (Verizon)
    I was up in Mass. during Xmas, no problems with reception.

I love my 720.. all though it has some software problems. I find that if I reboot they (the problems.. volume, key speed, changed ring settings) disappear for a while. Nothing major...

If you do go for the 720, make sure the software version is 19c or higher. Update your roam list every month (as the rep at Verizon).

The phone is trick.. but it's new stuff... gonna have problems until Moto upgrades them out.

4. mreg

mreg Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox CDM-9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Not entirely true on the 9500's lack of features. It does have a calendar and an alarm clock. The one feature the 9500 doesn't have that I miss is exterior earpiece volume buttons. Overall it's a great phone.

The VX10 was not an option for me because I often use the phone in the car and it does not have Voice Dial. Otherwise I would have seriously considered it.

I wouldn't go near the 720 at this point because of numerous bugs and problem reported.

5. Sarasota

Sarasota Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Scrap them all and get the LG VX4400. It's a much better phone.

6. Larue

Larue New Member

I am thinking of buying the LG VX10. My carrier is US Cellular. I do see that it supports the phone book and calendar function, and I also see that you can buy the USB cable to connect it to your computer, but the software is never included.

What do I need to do to get the software to sync it with Outlook on a Win2K computer? I don't want to get the phone until I know it will do everything I want it to...

THANKS!