Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Which is better and why? Palm OS or Windows 6.0

Discussion in 'Other Smartphones and Mobile Operating Systems' started by hammertime, Dec 27, 2007.

1. hammertime

hammertime Junior Member

Which do you find better? The Palm OS or the windows mobile 6.o for the treo phones?

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I like WM 6.0 for my Treo but I have never used a Treo with Palm OS.

I did start out with PalmPilots when they first came out and after having 3 of them I veered off to IPAQs which were then SE 2003 OS. After that all my PDAs, Smartphones & PDA phones have been WM based.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I like Windows Mobile because if you know how to use Windows, you know how to use the phone. I am totally lost when I try to use my Dad's Treo 650 (Palm OS). Things I find simple on my phone are complicated because I don't know where to look.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I also find WM to be easier than Palm OS. I tried Palm OS on my Treo 700p for Sprint about a year and a half ago and did not like it. I found that there were not too many programs that were compatible with it. Also, Windows Media Player is built into my Sprint Mogul which is definitely a plus since all I have to do is insert my mini SD card and play my music. Plus a third-party XM website I found allows me to stream all of the XM online stations right to my Mogul via WMP.

One thing that I didn't like was that my Treo 700wx for Sprint with WM5 was complete garbage. My friend had a Treo 700wx for Verizon and he said that same thing. So I would stay away from that phone if you can. Other than that, I have been very happy with my Mogul. Also, it seems to me like there are more third-party programs out there for Windows Mobile devices than Palm OS devices.