Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Which GAIT phone ???

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by cutter, Mar 7, 2003.

1. cutter

cutter New Member

Which GAIT phone is the best? Sony Ericsson or the Nokia 6340i ?

I got the Sony but considering trading it for the Nokia, does anyone have any experience with either phone? I dont like the fact that the Sony has to have a cable to Sync to my computer. I'm use to the infrared on my old Nokia, but like the menu on the Sony.

HELP

Thanks [​IMG]

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The Sony Ericsson T62u has more features than the 6340i. A Cingular rep told me that the 6340i has some issues with the software and recommended the Sony Ericsson T62u. If you ask me, I don't like either one. I am waiting for the day a smaller Nokia GAIT phone comes out. So far, no announcements yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tylerdurden

tylerdurden Senior Member

I've got the 6340i. It's annoying. The series 30 software is slow. I have a very annoying transmitter flutter in the speaker (I already returned the phone, the 2nd one has the same problem). There's no current call timer. The keypad lock function periodically stops working until I reboot the phone. Other than that, it is a VERY nice phone, but the annoyances have caused me to decide to return it and go back to the 8260 for the time being.

I've played with the T62u briefly, and I found it baffling, but that's probably just because I'm not used to Sony Ericsson phones. A co-worker likes it OK. I'm too partial to Nokia to switch.

4. DickSond

DickSond New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6010
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    For what it's worth...

Like TylerBurden, I'm a long-time Nokia user and find their menus and user interface convenient and comfortable. Unlike him, other than the the small hands-free problem detailed in another post on this board, I've had no problem with my 6340i. I like the size and the weight. I've had no "call dropping" problems. And I think the call quality (at least on my end) is outstanding.

Differences and perceptions make the world go 'round...

5. tylerdurden

tylerdurden Senior Member

I really WANT to like the 6340i. I do like the size and weight, and the RF performance is much better than the 8260, especially in some of the buildings I work in. However, the number of minor annoyances really add up and make me not want the phone. I think I'll wait for the next round of GAIT phones.

I will say that I haven't had any trouble with the GAIT portions of the phone, its just mundane operational stuff.

6. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    the 6340i is the better phone the t62u 's rf bounces up and down like it in a race it cant hold signal very well....just remember the 6340i does not surpport gprs and the t62u does

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    njscngulrgsm, how much are you selling the 6340i for?