Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Which bluetooth headset should I purchase?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by cocoagirl, Dec 15, 2005.

1. cocoagirl

cocoagirl New Member

I just bought the LG8100 through Verizon and need a headset,any suggs on the best one that is reasonably priced? On their website I see they have the Jabra150 for $49.99 and the Plantronics 320 for $59.99 to name a few but I don't know what I am looking for as far as brand and capability are concerned?

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    The Motorola HS820 has been a great value on Ebay lately. I have 2 of them. The last one I got on Ebay for $20. I've been very pleased w/ the range and call quality of the unit. W/ the HS820 & my Motorola V551 I have about a 100 foot range in open space.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    be sure you have the updated firmware or your voice will come across as echo-y or hollow.
    I know someone who uses the moto 850 bt headset and it works great. I have it for my treo, and it doesn't work as well (this is a treo issue not a moto headset issue)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    You can edit your gain table to fix that. You have to increase/decrease your BT mic gain until you find the setting that works best for you. I find that it is different for everyone. It just depends on the characteristics of your voice.

5. cocoagirl

cocoagirl New Member

ok so basically i shouldn't go into verizon and buy one from there as it is cheaper on ebay? The last time I was in Verizon, they had some on sale for like $30 but I wanted to research them first...

6. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have the brand new H700 sitting under the Christmas tree for my wife. It is the HS850 update, 30% smaller and with new echo cancellation filters. It has only been out for a few days and already the reviews are mixed. Some claim it is the best headset available, others claim it continues to suffer from low volume issues. Although the rate at which people are losing their hearing due to constant iPod use may factor in to some of the negative reviews. If you need to have it set to max volume, it may be your ears that are the problem.

I personally will wait for the new entirely "in ear" design that should be coming out within the next few months. I've seen Moto demo it and it is quite nice.

7. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    What firmware are you referring to? The phone's?
    I'm also looking for a BT headset. I've heard some good things about platonics BT headsets as well.

8. lauramike111

lauramike111 New Member

My Phone:
    lg8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    A friend of mine had the h700 for about a day or so and I just ordered one also. He had nothing but good things to say about it.

9. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    The low volume issue is your phone. If it is a Motorola you can edit your gain table to boost it. There is a recently updated Motorola SEEM map that has new gain table hacks listed. Check it out.

-Jay

10. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Many people with non-Motorola phones complain the headset doesn't get loud enough. Others claim it is more than loud enough at a middle volume setting. Recent studies have shown that the high use of headphones due to portable CD players, mp3 players, GameBoys, etc. has caused the population in general to suffer hearing loss at ages much earlier than ever before.

Everyone's ears are different. My point was to look at reviews with a critical eye for problems that can't be traced to an individuals poor hearing such as echo, voice quality, and build quality.

11. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    The echo is from the speaker being so loud that the mic picks up the sound from the speaker. This will happen even on a well designed headset if made loud enough. On my V551/HS820 pair I never had a problem w/ the factory settings as far as echo goes - but I had problems hearing it (and I don't use portable headphones - I've always had mild hearing problems since I was a small child.) I first boosted the BT mic volume, then boosted the BT speaker. As soon as I increased the speaker I got an echo. I bumped the BT mic down one and the echo went away. I have my phone so loud now that instead of the volume always on 7 like it was before I usually keep it on 3 now and I can increase it when speaking to someone w/ a soft voice so I can hear them. People now give me the strangest looks when my phone rings now because I use my homemade Western Electric 2500 ringtone, and the phone is so loud that when set on max volume it is as loud as the real thing! sometimes when it rings I jump because it scares me.

-Jay

12. lauramike111

lauramike111 New Member

My Phone:
    lg8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I can understand about hearing loss, with everyone the louder the better it seems and now even when I watch tv my wife says I have the sound up too loud

13. GJMOO7

GJMOO7 Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have tried every BT earpiece that's on the market right now and the one that i was much happy with was the HS850. The volume is very good and to use it is very easy.Simply open the flip to activate the bt and close the flip to deactivate it.Also,my hearing is excellent(thank god) for that.

14. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    After a day of use, the H700 gets good reviews from me. My wife is undecided. She has issues getting it to work right, it works flawlessly for me. You open the boom flip, press the button, and it immediately asks you for a voice command. My wife only gets the voice command prompt every few tries. I believe it to be an issue of not pushing the button in firmly enough, and briefly pressing instead of holding in. Unfortunately, issues like that seem impossible for most people to overcome. The range is OK. Within 10 feet it is perfect. Outside 10 feet it begins to get static.

15. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    @ Bono.

is there a model number yet for the "in the ear" headset you were talking about?

16. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'd imagine you'll find out more at CES next week.

17. lauramike111

lauramike111 New Member

My Phone:
    lg8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Was very happy with the H700 up to a few days ago and now I am experiencing alot of static. I had to switch back to the Hs850 for a while. I guess in the mean time I am going to try and send it back. Being only about 2 weeks old do u think I should send it back to Malcolm Wireless or just write the company and send it to Motorola? I like both of them but the H700 gets the nod

18. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    if its 2 weeks I'd take it back to the store.

-Jay

19. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    H5 MiniBlue is the model number.

20. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Thanks Bono, release first half? can't wait...

#20 Tony E!, Jan 3, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2006