Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Whic one to go for Nokia 3595 or Nokia 3560

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by thekoolguy, Jun 13, 2003.

1. thekoolguy

thekoolguy New Member

Hey all,

I am planning to take up new service from att.
    As I get Nokia 3595 or Nokia 3560 for free.

Please let me know which one do I need to go for?
    considering call quality, durability, features etc.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

2. mikeman075

mikeman075 New Member

Both phones are pretty much the same except that the 3560 is TDMA and the 3595 is GSM. If AT&T GSM service is good in your area you'd be better off with that service and the 3595. I may supplement my 6340i with a 3595 from Cingular in the near future. GSM usually has better sound quality and battery life. Plus GSM phones have sim cards. When its time to get a new phone all you have to do is move your sim from one phone to another and you wont lose your phonebook! Within the next few years TDMA will be slowly phased out.
    AT&T GSM as a whole right now is still in the early stages and not up to par in some locations. Ask people you know with AT&T which service they have. If its not good in your area and you don't plan on keeping the phone for too long, stick to TDMA for now and get the 3560. Either phone is nice especially for the price and should serve your needs well.

3. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX5550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    Another feature of SIM cards is that you can have a couple or more phones and just activate whichever one you want to use at the time. You can have a larger full featured phone but when you dont want to carry it around pull the SIM and put it in a smaller flip phone.

4. tnspr569

tnspr569 New Member

actually, att has it set by default that the phonebook is stored in the phone, even though in the phonebook settings menu it says its stored in the phone and SIM. i got a replacement 8390 after my first one got messed up, and when i put in the sim card, my phonebook was empty. with my old 8390, at one point i tried to copy the phonebook from phone to sim, but i had duplicate copies of every number appear in the phonebook. also, when i tried to restore factory settings after downloading a new operator logo and discovering i liked the default att wireless banner just fine, my entire phonebook was erased- only about 50+ phone numbers, so it wasnt so bad, but it was still a pain. i saw on the nokia website that restoring factory settings would not erase the phonebook, but i guess the site was wrong. anyway, try copying the memory from phone to sim on the 3595 if you get it, and see what happens...i'd be interested to know. sorry for rambling on like this.

5. PADutchman

PADutchman Senior Member

I am on day 2 w/Cingular GSM 3595 The phone seems to work very well. access. from earlier generation
    3360's etc., compatible. Excellent voice quality / volume (loads of it) and loud ringers.
    The keypad is a little strange, mostly just to look at it. It functions fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...