Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Where's Kevin James

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by DiverDown, Jul 17, 2003.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes the site did change servers and went to a new format. I've actually been posting to WA since 1999. Kevin joined sometime in 2000 if I remember correctly. Can you imagine if I got credit for all of my posts prior to Oct. 2001? I'd probably be approaching 5000 by now. [​IMG]

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Yes, I fully admit that Larry was posting here before I was. In fact, I think it was one of his posts that got me started here. At the time, I was also promoting my own website for wireless newbies. Since then, I've dropped the site.

I think that WA has actually gone through several changes server-wise. They kept maxing out the resources and limits of the software. Now, they have a consistent and stable platform.

It was never my intent to gain any personal glory from this site but the short-lived #1 poster status was fun. Bobolito, TNDan and others have now taken the lead. Their expertise and commitment is outstanding. Kudos to you all.

I keep trying to leave but I must admit I enjoy this community--even when I'm wrong. Truthfully, I have never been so disappointed as I have been recently by the technology. Now, where I used to post answers, I find myself asking more questions and throwing out "feelers" than I did before. No biggy, I never claimed to be anyone special.

3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Sorry Jack! I only looked at people who had posted in this thread. There may be others I have missed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I remember logging on last year and it saying 1234 people were registered, I thought that was cool, next week it was like 1600, 1800, etc. Now it's over 20k! I wonder how many are active though?

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    About 50. [​IMG] 400 if you include ringtone requests though, LOL. Actually, I have no idea.

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    While the overall membership has greatly increased the amount of active users has greatly decreased I think. Even when we had only 2000 members it seemed that a lot more of them were active. I can remember when we had 35+ users logged in at a time. Now that number is usually around 15-25.

7. Kenster

Kenster Senior Member

Yeah well I gotta focus on quality. I could drop my gloves and start a fight and ramp up my postings a bit. [​IMG]

...ok gotta head back to my investment/stocks/bonds news...and I'll be checking back here...

8. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Ops, sorry. I didn't notice that this thread had gone to two pages and that my comment had already been taken.

9. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I will agree with everyone on the burnout. Im still #6 but used to be #1.

I have been extremely busy the past few months. especially april-may. Finals etc. school burnout. Can't wait to finish college

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I did notice that before the last server change (when WA was offline for 3 days) the active users was up at 35 or more and that's when the server normally crashed. Now, I don't recall seeing more than 25 online. Even though WA more than doubled the number of members, the number of online users at the same time has diminished.

Now compare this to HoFo which has over 1500 people active online at the same time during most of the day!

11. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    1.) You know, I keep hearing about HoFo but i for some reason have no desire to join? Maybee its all the fights over there that i hear bout hear.

2.) It would be intresting (at least to me) to see how fast people got to were they are posts wise.

12. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    lots of orange, a little Little Rock blue
    and of course cryogenic and I are in a dead heat as always [​IMG]

FWIW: Over the past few months I've had to cut down posting everywhere quite a bit because of major time constraints (I've been extremely busy with work and trying to have a full life "afk" [​IMG] , and have had a number of "family emergencies" to deal with [​IMG] ) and have tried to focus what posting I still do where it seems to do the most good -- such as here and certain Usenet groups. I still read/post to HoFo some but not nearly as much as in the past (usually I just take a quick glance once a week) and left a few non-cell-phone forums entirely. Updates on my web site and replies to email have slipped since I've been so busy, too... [​IMG] Hopefully I'll have more time in the next couple of months [​IMG]

-SC

13. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    can you guys imagine if all 20,000 people tried loggin in ?

14. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Don't let the Webmaster hear that, Nick!

15. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    I got laid off on Friday, look for my number to increase drastically *lol*