Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Where to upgrade firmware in London.

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Marsupial, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Marsupial

Marsupial New Member

Hello there everybody
    A friend of my is going to London at the end of the month and we would like to find out where we can get firmware upgraded there on our Nokia 6610s. We both have the phone and both have 3.09 version. She will be staying in central London. Any suggestions and information will be greatly appreciated.

2. Retiree

Retiree New Member

Do a Google search for carphone warehouse - there are LOTS of service and upgrade facilities in the London area. I shall be there in May upgrading the firmware on my new 7210![​IMG]

3. Marsupial

Marsupial New Member

Thank you very much Retiree. I actually went through the Nokia's UK site and was able to find all CarPhone Warehouse locations in London. It is really rather dissapointing that we have to go to another country to get a firmware upgrade but I guess that it comes with buying the phone on the grey market. On the other hand, even if I bought the US version of 7210 I still would have to send it to Florida to get it upgraded. I've read some posts by other people saying that it took a month to get the phone back - that is just ridiculous. How can Nokia even call it service? Sorry, just venting.

4. Casey0999

Casey0999 New Member

I will be going to London on Saturday and will report back on Carphone Warehouse.

Cheers!