Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Where to send letter

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by dataforced, Jan 27, 2010.

1. dataforced

dataforced New Member

I've composed a letter out of frustration but was wondering where the best place to send would be.

We have been with Verizon Wireless for over 5 years and we have not changed our phone in all that time. Finally this week after my phone started to crack I decided we should upgrade. I was totally dismayed to find out that the only phones we could upgrade to with out adding data where in many ways inferior to what we already had.

Furthermore, we tried questioning everwhere what the data option would give us and we can't get the same answer twoce. We've come to the conclusion that the $9.99 data plan would be pretty worthless if nobody can even tell us how to use it.

I've composed a nice letter stating that we are very happy with our verizon service and will sit and watch to see what they do, but eventually we are going to have to upgrade our current phones. We have suggested they offer some quality phones for non data users.

At the Kiosk I stopped at they said Verizon Wireless is losing a lot of sales with this requirement. So I'm hoping with enought loss of sales and if enough people write polite nice letters of frustration, this data requirement may be dropped.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Don't know where to tell you to send the letter to, but I'm in complete agreement with you about Verizon's new data requirement on most phones (all the good ones, IMO).

I'm thinking twice about getting a new phone and re-upping with them for another two years.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dataforced

dataforced New Member

I know one little letter is useless, but perhaps if they get enough people writing in addition to loss in sales they might think twice. However merely sending it via email, It probabl won't get read.

If we would of upgraded even a week earlier we would have been fine. Good for another 5 years. Just because we don't use data doesn't mean we want an ugly grey phone.

4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    1 person likes this.
  5. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Thank you for the links, Ryan. I just took the VZW survey and expressed my concerns. Very useful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Your welcome, from my experience they take that survey seriously. Don't be surprised if you get a call back from someone at VZW.

7. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Considering the rating I gave them, I won't be. :D

8. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Was this a survey you took AFTER you spoke with a rep on the phone? If it was you just rear-ended that rep.

Customer Service Reps at VZW get graded on those surveys. If you gave them anything less than a 6 then they take a negative 100 in their Promoter scores, which are taken extremely seriously. So if you did this, you screwed the rep even if they did everything they could.

That's the downside of those surveys. Remember if you ever get one, base it off the SERVICE you get on THAT CALL, not your overall satisfaction rating.

9. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    No. I used the link in Ryan's post. It asked for my phone number and then one question. That's it.

Since I've not experienced bad customer service from Verizon reps, if I got a survey like this I would grade it as I need to, which would be positive. If a rep doesn't know the time of day, I WILL speak my mind. Having worked CS in the past, it would take a lot for me to grade low, as I know the job is NOT easy. It hasn't happened in my experience with Verizon in 16 years of service, so until it does, I'll deal with it then.

Besides Bryan, I know better.

10. dataforced

dataforced New Member

Thanks for the address. I will send the letter.

My Husband however is the main person on the account and they always call him. He knows I'm Mad and see's no point in changing telephones at what it will cost us to upgrade, but I'm not quite sure he totaly understands.

When I was on live chat and then on the telephone with a rep they immediately called him on his phone to get him to complete a survey. He hung up because he was on his bicycle going to work and couldn't take the survey. Further more he had no clue what my conversation was about.

I was trying to find out what good the $9.99 plan would do me. Basically, from the converstations I've had from the rep and all the Kiosk people is that its only good for checking email if you are with Yahoo. if you want to travel to any other websites it would use too much data.

Our smartest move if we were going to add the upgrade would be to get one ugly phone and then get one of the truly smart phones and add the unlimited plan. To spend $20 for two phones on a plan that is worthless to us doesn't make sense.

Of course I'm too stubborn to move at this point and I'll send the letter. The letter is quite polite, it just lets them know that we are going to sit and watch and see what they are going to do, with a suggestion to add a few phones that don't require data that people may actually want.

11. dataforced

dataforced New Member

I found this interesting. A discussion among the retailers of Verizon. Apparently the Dumb Ugly Phones make them more money. Also intresting how some comment on how they push people to get Data when they know they don't need it. Now they will either make more money on the dumb phones or more on the data. Even more reason to hang tight and not give them a penny either way right now.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - New Data Requirements....

12. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    dataforced, I recommend clicking the "Survey" link in Ryan's post above. You are asked for your phone number and then one simple question. I did this and got a call from a local store manager. This may be another effective way of expressing your concern. Give it a try.

13. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I had to call CS last night about a recurring billing issue. The rep I spoke to was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to help resolve the issue (possible billing system error). She will monitor my next bill to see if the problem returns. If so, she will call me and will escalate it further as needed to resolve it. THAT'S customer service. She was very knowledgeable and thorough. Very typical of what I get when I call, even for basic information. So if I receive a survey request about her, you can bet she'll get the highest score.

If you clicked the link for the survey you would see it has nothing to do with a Verizon representative.

14. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The survey I posted is for general feedback. Is not tied to one dept. or rep.