Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Where does the time go?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Ironwalt, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I'm seeing my anytime mins going up and i'm not useing them. All the calls and web i have used are after 7 for the last week, but when i call alltel to get my mins. It shows that i have used about a 100 mins this week. I have not had anyone call me before 7 ether. My plan has unl mins after 7 and cell to cell. Does anyone know what could be going on? Help please.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    It could be voice mail?? I've noticed that not only checking yours but I think when you call somebody else and they don't answer and it goes to voice mail, instead of counting as M2M it counts as peak time minutes.

3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Also, pic and vid messages count for airtime....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. grazzzy

grazzzy Junior Member

I've also noticed an unusually high number of anytime minutes the past few days. a possible explanation is that when i pull up my circle it is completely blank and won't accept any numbers at all.

5. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Call Alltel Customer Service.

6. grazzzy

grazzzy Junior Member

this has happened a few times in the past. usually only temporary, and after several minutes, my old list was restored. when i called CUST svce the last time they said something to the effect that the system was down and they couldn't say when it would be back up.

7. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Just a thought too, could the anytime minutes be going to mobile web? I know verizon used to charge airtime for data access.

8. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have not had any outgoing or incoming calls. No pic or vid or any other text. No web and no voice mail calls in the week that the time is going up. My off peak and m2m time is still going up as the peak that is not used. It all started off fine (peak). Than it started going up faster than I knew that I was useing it, so I started checking it and than stoped useing peak just to see what was going on and it still keeps its going up and up. The last time I checked it, the peak went up 50 mins in just one day and I have the phone and know that I have not used it at all. Alltel just tells me not to worry about it, but I do. B/c I don't want some out of the way bill and I don't want to worry about making a peak call b/c I may not have the time to cover it.

9. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I just checked again and it has went up 35 more mins from Sunday night. I have not used my phone at all in the daylight hrs in over a week. What is going on?

10. Another Bob

Another Bob New Member

Call tech support. Something is messed up in the computer system.

11. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have called cs a few times. Is that good or would calling tech be better?

12. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Customer service has access to the same information as the automated/online systems. If you know you haven't used that many minutes speaking with Tech Support to try and have the issue resolved should be your next step.

This isn't the first time I've heard of this problem.

13. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I called tech and they looked over my acct and said that everything looked fine. But did not know what 2 say about it. They tould me that alltel rounded up mins and other things that i know. But could not tell me why this is going on. They also said they never have heard of this before. But i know if moto says he has heard of it than that makes me feel better. At last im not the 1st one. I cant wait for my bill to come out so i can see whats on it. I just hope that this is not going to be a big problem for me. I love alltel and dont want to move my service somwhere else after all the years of being with them.

14. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well it looks like my problem may be fixed. Not sure what it was but it has been a few days and it has not went up again. I'm still not using the phone during the day till my bill comes out and I can see what was going on with it.