Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Where do I find my SID?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by sbaker25, Dec 14, 2008.

1. sbaker25

sbaker25 New Member

Does anyone know where I can find the SID on my phone in a Windows Mobile standard way? I'm new to programming for the Windows CE environment and I want to find the SID and carrier APN. I thought both of these would be easy to find, but no luck so far. I'm able to get things like the signal strength easy enough, but I need to find the SID.

My phone is an HTC Wizard, but I'm hoping to find a standard Windows Mobile way of listing the SID.

Thanks for any tips you guys might have. I've read about something called fieldtest and I'll try that if I can find it.

2. sbaker25

sbaker25 New Member

In case anyone is interested in the answer to my question - it looks like I had a couple of misunderstandings.

First - I was having trouble finding the SID because I now understand that SID is not used on GSM devices. GSM devices have a Mobile Country Code (MCC) and Mobile Network Code (MNC). Both of these are available via the RIL_GetCurrentOperator() call.

Second - maybe APN is specific to GPRS? It's available via the RIL_GetGPRSContextList() function.