Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Where can I get the 8390 without service for cheap?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Gouki, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Gouki

Gouki New Member

I know that Att sells the 8390 for $100 but you have to purchase service, where can i get it without service and for under $200?
    Thx

2. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    If your an AT&T customer you can upgrade to an 8390 for the same cost as new customers or try ebay, or buy from best buy or circuit city they usually sell the phone to you and instruct you to call AT&T for service just do not call them and you have a phone with no service

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tylerdurden

tylerdurden Senior Member

if you buy it at best buy or circuit city, wont it be locked to AT&T?

Looking for an *unlocked* 8390 on ebay is probably the best bet, just be sure to check seller feedback.

Are you sure the 8390 will work with the provider you have?

4. Gouki

Gouki New Member

But i don't understand how the upgrade thing works. If you understand please explain to me thx.

5. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    well if your not with AT&T then you cannot upgrade.......What carrier are you with? Upgrading is when you want to buy a new handset with your provider to replace your old one, in exchange for a contract exstention they will sometimes discount the new phone for you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. frail47

frail47 New Member

Unlocked phones are usually a bit more expensive than locked ones. Your best best it to fine a locked on and then have it unlocked separately.

7. GoTelegraph

GoTelegraph New Member

MSRP on an AT&T locked 8390 is $99.99. Large retail stores such as Best Buy should be able to sell you the phone at that price with or without activation. However, the phone through AT&T is locked in @ only the 1900 band.