Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Where can i find lists of Cingular (soc) SID COuntry Codes etc.?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Rockus, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Rockus

Rockus New Member

I live in Puerto Rico and i Have a Nokia 8260 From Cingular and i was trying to change the Alpha tag but i dont know where to find. my area's (SOC) number SID (System ID) Country code. and everything else i need to change the alpha tag.. so PLEASE!! leave any websites where i can get that information .. and if you can put the directions to change the alpha tag. please!.. too . thanks.. - ROCKUS!! -

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    First, check your Test Field screen 02 and see what the first number in the bottom line is. 100? 110? You can only change the alphatag if that number is 110.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Zukison

Zukison New Member

Mine has the 110, but what am I suppose to change?

4. Rockus

Rockus New Member

where can i see the Test Field screen? aqnd where can i find the country code for CINGULAR puerto rico .. the SOC the SID.. etc.

5. weldor

weldor Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    If my phone has 100 what does that mean, and what do I have to do to change it to 110?

6. Rockus

Rockus New Member

Hey, i just changed a nokia 8260 from VERIZON to CINGULAR and the alpha tag says VERIZON..

What SOC, SID, Country Code info should i get the VERIZON of the CINGULAR one?

WHEn i get into the P/RSID1 should the system type be Residential or Private?

What # should there be in the PSID/RSID? in the conected system id? in the operator SOC? in the Country code? (i live in Ponce Puerto Rico and I REALLY REALLY wnato to change my alpha tag ...

are the numbers on ( http://www.the-mobile.net/psid/index.asp ) for cingular? or does it matter?

How do i check the thingy in the Feild test to see if it is 100 or 110??

I know they are alot of question but pleasep lease help me.. i atleast want to change the tag to say CINGULAR NOT verizon...

7. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Go to this page and read both "tricks" and "P/RSID List"
    http://www.the-mobile.net/PhoneTips/index.asp

100 means the system does not support Private system. Therefore, there's no PSID number and there's nothing you can do about it.

110 means the system supports PSID. Look in the link above and look for the PSID for your area.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...