Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

When will you have 7210?T-MOBILE???

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by BugPicker, Nov 11, 2002.

1. BugPicker

BugPicker Junior Member

I want to get 7210 and still waiting for T-Mobile to get it...Come on...I wanna get it>?Could somebody tell me when?? [​IMG]

2. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Well I heard close it to and before Christmas.

If you want the phone, you can buy them from me. My price is $465. Please let me know if you're interested.

3. BugPicker

BugPicker Junior Member

Hi Aiwapro

Is $465 including shipping? Any warranty with it?

4. aiwapro

Yes, that includes shipping.
    It comes with a 1 year warranty.

5. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

I'm buying a brand new 7210 this evening for $400!!! Emailed a seller on Ebay that he's local to me. Told him that the auctions he had were going to close & the last bid was $365. So I asked him if he can do better, he said $400.

No shipping charges, no hassle of some seller that you can't see or contact after the transaction..........

Cool huh?

6. Evan215

Evan215 New Member

The 7210's are great, but way too expensive. I will wait until they go down to like $150 or so... it's insane to pay $400+ for a cell phone, JMO.

7. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

Oh, I completely agree it's nuts to pay for a $400+ phone. I just sold the s105 I had, so I just need to put in a little over a $100 for the 7210, so technically it's not that bad.

The main thing is it has speakerpnone that works pretty good.

8. Crash999

Crash999 New Member

I live in Thailand and the prices of phones here until recently had been very very high. 3 years ago I paid the equivalent of US$750 for one of the big Nokia 5000-series phones. The reason for this was a very high tax on imported electronics and a duty paid to the only GSM provider at the time. Now the prices have come way down since a competitor arrived on the scene (capitalism at work!) and phones are more reasonable.

But back when the prices were high people were still willing to shell out over US$1000 for a cool new phone when that might be the equivalent of their monthly salary. It's not much different these days- the only change is that more people are able to buy phones whereas before only the relatively wealthy could afford to do so.

Cheers!

9. geckojohn

geckojohn New Member

Aiwa guy,

Can you sell the 7210 for any cheaper than $400? It's seems a little overpriced right now. Probably more people would buy them from you if you drop your prices.

tHx

10. HoOn

HoOn New Member

When T-Mobile gets the 7210 what do yous think will be the price of phone for ...

1) New Activations

2) Current members

3) (Aiwapro, this is more for you) Unlocked 7210s

I called T-Mobile earlier and the Customer Support agent I talked to had no information on the Nokia 7210, BUT said something about a Nokia that had a camera which they saw at a training several weeks ago. Can this be the Nokia 7250? The guy didnt know the model.

11. JohnnyCNote

JohnnyCNote Junior Member

In the past new models were first made available to new subscribers. Later, they made their way into the upgrade channel. Unless they've changed their procedures, they'll probably continue to do things that way....

12. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

I heard the same thing from another cust care rep, that they will have a Nokia w/ a camera. She didn't get into details whether what model. BUT she said it will be available by Jan or Feb 2003.

I'm so tempted to wait it out now....................

But I can get a brand spankin' new 7210 (blue) for $400 from a seller on ebay that I met. This is way too tempting, what do you guys think I should do????

13. JohnnyCNote

JohnnyCNote Junior Member

It would depend on how much you could save by waiting and agreeing to extending your service for a year.....

14. aiwapro

At this time I cannot lower my price that low. Just know that I actually have the phones. I am a verified/registered business, and I can give you references so that you know I actually have the phone.
    My price right now is $465 including shipping.

Also, if T-Mobile gets the phone, I think it will be around $299 w/activation.

The retail would still be high, around $400, so current member's discounts would be taken off of that price.

The Unlocked model will still be at a very high price, much like it is now, or probably even higher, because people who aren't with the providers who have them, will still want the phone, so therefore, there will be a demand for the Unlocked models. I'm estimating the Unlocked price to be $425-$500 at that time.

Also, if the reps are talking about a Nokia phone w/camera, it must be the 7250. It has a camera built-in. I know someone who works for Nokia and has one. He sent me a picture; It's very nice.

15. HoOn

HoOn New Member

Aiwapro:
    Would you be able to get the 7250?? =)

16. aiwapro

Yes, I'm going to try.

17. VEGF

VEGF New Member

18. VEGF

VEGF New Member

Awiapro
    If I buy from you what is the shipping time to Georgia?
    Should I activate a new t-mobile account and get the 'free' phone then ditch it and put the sim in the 7210 and all will work?

Thanks I am ready to buy.[​IMG]

19. carrolldf

carrolldf Junior Member

Does anyone have any idea how much the current member discount might be based on how long one has been with TMobile?

Unfortunately, I just signed up with TMobile in early October. I told the guy at the TMobile store that I wanted to get a different phone in a couple months when the new Nokia came out but that I didn't like any of the current phones so I took the freebie 3390. He said it wouldn't be a problem....he just forgot to mention that I would pay more than if I waited until then to sign up.

20. aiwapro

It is usually 4-5 days, but I can rush it if you add $20 for Express Shipping. That will get it there in 2 days.

Yes, you should get the 'free' phone and ditch it. You can just use it as a back-up if you would like.

Please email at: aiwapro@msn.com so we can get this taken transaction done, and your phone on it's way to you.

21. HoOn

HoOn New Member

I got the Sony Ericsson T300 as a free phone... should I use it as a backup or sell it on EBAY? Selling the Free phone shouldn't be a problem with the dealer right? I won't get penalized?

22. aiwapro

No, there won't be a problem. They don't care.

23. TheSaxMan

TheSaxMan New Member

Your best bet is to get the plan through Amazon, tell them you need the phone activated taht week for someone's birthday, then they usually let you take it to a T-Mo Corprate owned store with a store code for credit, and they activate it there, but if you get it through Amazon you can get an S105, unlock it and sell it on ebay and you are making a nice profit...

24. aiwapro

Who's gonna unlock the S105?

25. Celticsinger

Celticsinger New Member

Christopher -- do you have the Nokia 6310i ? If so, how much is it going for ?

And do you know if there is a version of same with a colour screen?

Cheers,
    Christa

26. TheSaxMan

TheSaxMan New Member

Eh... all you have to do is look around on some wireless forums there are T-Mo people that would be more than glad to assist. Also, I have heard of some people unlocking their phones earlier than 90 days if it was done politely. I guess it depends on the Rep you get....

27. aiwapro

Not many people unlock the S105 yet though.

I have the 6310i for $280 including shipping.

28. BugPicker

BugPicker Junior Member

I send them email to ask for unlock code for my T300. Reply in less than 1 day. Bought my phone for less than 2 weeks......