Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What's the longest you've made on a charge on Verizon phone?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by itsme000, Sep 29, 2007.

?

What's the longest you've made on a single charge on a Verizon phone?

1. a day

6.1%
  2. 2

21.2%
  3. 3

6.1%
  4. 4

18.2%
  5. 5

9.1%
  6. 6

9.1%
  7. 7 or more

15.2%
  8. Just want to see result/no verizon phone

15.2%
  1. mmmmna

mmmmna Junior Member

My Phone:
    Droid X2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    VX9900, 2 days and maybe 3 hours. A buddy of mine has the same phone, says he is upset he can't get his usual 5 days any more, ever since he bought a new battery....

2. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    I have gone 4 days with my 9400 but that was not with my typical use. I use this thing a lot and send and receive quite a few texts as well as check my e-mail throughout the day and sometimes surf the web for an hour on my lunch break. Usually at the end of the day it is still showing full charge or has maybe lost 1 bar of battery. This thing may have the best battery life of any VZW phone I have owned. I never turn it off as it is my alarm clock as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX8350/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I just got 8 days from my LG 8350. That was with 85 min of calls, 20 text messages, and 90min of mobile web use.

4. leafsfan81

leafsfan81 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I got five days - the most of any [Verizon] phone I've owned - with an LG VX5200.

With my Samsung I can get 2-3 days of usage out of it. However, it is my primary phone.

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I haven't voted yet because I'm right in the middle of the longest time a phone of mine has held a charge.

So far my Voyager phone has held a full charge since Tuesday (4 days now). I've barely used the phone, but I have used Bluetooth to send wallpapers from my PC to the phone and have had a call or two on it since then. I've never had a phone hold a charge this long, even with no or light usage. EV-DO is on and the signal between that and 1X constantly fluctuate. Despite this, it hasn't affected the battery.

I guess I got lucky this time with a phone battery. I've NEVER had this happen before. I usually get moderate to lousy battery strength with the many phones I've owned in the last 14 years (30+ phones).

My MDA may get a day or so. The 6682 would probably last about 5 days until the battery is fully drained. It usually holds a full charge for about 3 days before dropping. Both are GSM, of course.

I'm really liking this Voyager for many reasons and its battery only adds to my happiness with this phone. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    7 days and counting...The battery is at 3 of 4 bars...Amazing! :eek:

7. fatherdoug

fatherdoug New Member

With a new LG VX5400, I have charged the battery once since Feb 8. Granted, it gets very little useage, but it is turned on all the time. I am currently at two bars on the battery.

Are there any "smart chargers" available for cell phone batteries that recondition the battery also, if necessary?

8. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Almost all new phones have processors built into the battery that regulate the charging. Conditioning chargers are NiCd old school stuff that just isn't done anymore for these types of batteries. Even if you had a conditioning charger, the battery's on board processor would override it, and do what it wants, or shut the battery down.

-Jay

9. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    crackberry's
    even with that said Jay, on the same token, phones cant be left on the charger all night like they use to.

i think that is the #1 culprit of messed up phones and batterys is overcharging, espically older people that are in this bad habit. it is one i try to break everyone that i know of doing.