Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What's the best TRI Band GSM Nokia?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by kcroy24, Nov 27, 2002.

1. kcroy24

kcroy24 New Member

I just bought a t68i that I hate. I don't know why I ever strayed from Nokia. They are really the best phones out there.

What is the best tri band GSM phone they make?

I'm thinking about getting the 6610.. but would like some more feedback.

Thanks,
    KC

2. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

The Nokia 6610, 6100, and 7210 are basicly the same. The6100 has more memory for pictures and applications though.

I have used the 7210, and it's a great phone.
    Any of those phones listed above, would make a good Nokia tri-band phone for you.

Once you decide on a phone, please look to me to get it from, as I can provide you these phones at a good price.

You can contact me at: aiwapro@msn.com

3. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    well thats hard to answer, are you traveling outside the country? if so pick a phone that works on the most frequencies over seas....if you donot travel then it all comes down to what features matter most.....if you like color and only want nokia then go for the 7210 nokia,6310I has bluetooth,6590 has a nice radio feature......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. frail47

frail47 New Member

The 6310i is a good one with great reception and audio quality.

5. GoTelegraph

GoTelegraph New Member

Well, if you have money, the nokia communicator 9200 series is always a great phone.

6. alden168

alden168 New Member

Honestly, I got the t68i also. Just wait for the nokia 3650. It has built in camera. If you can not wait, go for 6100...Its the same with 6610 but smaller.

7. kcroy24

kcroy24 New Member

Just wanted to report back.. I emailed this "aiwapro" guy and asked him for info about the Nokia 6610.. he answered several questions for me and everything seemed to be going fine.

He quoted me a price... then I asked if he could beat a deal from a guy I saw on eBay.. his response was "That deal is only $5 more than mine when you include shipping. I'll beat that price, and give you a price of $455."

I saw the same guy post another auction about $40 cheaper and asked him if he could do any better and to clarify the accessories included in the package.

his response was:

"They all come with the extra battery and desk charger as far as I know.

If you want to buy from him, buy, because I don't have time to be price matching with people on eBay. "

And I was just getting ready to purchase through aiwapro until he treated me like a waste of time. Now I've gone out of my way to let other people know how he treats his customers. My advice is to purchase from someone with a strong ebay rating rather than taking your chances with some joker on this board that posts the same spammy messages on every thread.

Sincerely,
    KC

8. aiwapro

I don't have time to go into a bidding war just for this one customer. I told you y price, and I even lowered it for you, and then you're not even happy with thay; You keep continuing to ask me to match another person's price. The fact is, I don't have time for you. I have sold to many, many people on here and all across the world. You being angry at me doesn't hurt me or my sales. I am a distributor, and I just sometimes sell to the end-user, which usually the person is happy about.

By the way, I do have a high feedback rating on eBay, but I don't have to sell on eBay, because I make way more money selling hundreds and thousands of phones to wholesalers, instead of just the few I can sell on eBay. Whenever I do put stuff on eBay, it's just a code to let my frequent buyers know that I have the new phones and devices. Whoever wins those things that I put upm they get their product, and they get it before everyone else.

The people that I have sold to on this board, if you're here, come on and testify that I'm a good seller.

9. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    While i donot really agree on trying to sell phones hereon this thread, i agree with Aiwapro, if i was a seller, id blow off someone that keeps trying to lowball you, aiwapro said he matched a price but you still wanted more....i would have done the exact same thing who has time for these types of people..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. NateL

NateL Junior Member

Even if AiwaPro is $40 more for the phone, atleast you know what you are going to get. eBay is good, but you never know what you are going to really get.

11. kcroy24

kcroy24 New Member

First of all, as I saide before.. I was going to buy through him. But he snapped at me and treated me like he was doing me a huge favor.

12. kcroy24

kcroy24 New Member

I didn't keep asking him to lower the price..

I asked him a price...

he sent me $465...

I replied with an ebay auction.

he replied back that since he would pay for shipping it was really the same.

So I replied back with one another auction (By the Same Guy) where the guy was selling a desktop charger and spare battery.. for $415..

So I asked him if his had a spare charger and battery.. and if he could match the deal..

His response was... "they all have the extra stuff... I don't have time for you blah blah blah.."

So it pissed me off!! Don't come jump on me like you all would have been happy to be treated like that. Fact is, I was ready to paypal him the $465 for the phone.. I think I'll go out of my way to find someone on ebay selling it for $500+..

13. Nai

Nai Junior Member

So aiwapro is selling cell phone stuff. By any chance, do you happen to have any acces. for 7210? If so, would you please list them (here) and price as well (price in which includes tax, shipping and handling). And if the price list is a good price, I may buy them from you. Thank you! [​IMG]

14. aiwapro

Nokia 7210 Accessories:

Nokia Camera Headset HS-C1 = $105
    Nokia 7210 Red Faceplate & Backplate = $37.00
    Nokia 7210 Maroon Faceplate & Backplate = $37.00

These prices include shipping, and I don't charge any taxes.

15. Murdoc

Murdoc Junior Member

Aiwapro, I am REALLY interested in either the Nokia 6610, 6100, or 7210. I have AT&T (GSM) in Chicago with the 6310i. I never trusted using the unlocked, imported phones, but I see so many people on the board with the unlocked ones. Which is better between the phones listed above? I like the 6100 and 6610 design, but do they work with Bluetooth? Will some things on the phone not work, or will they lack some functionality because it's not custom made for AT&T? I'm just really skeptical to get one... What's the worse that can happen? What if it doesn't work? Well, reply with your prices, because you obviusly can be trusted and I'd rather buy an off the market phone with confidence.

16. kcroy24

kcroy24 New Member

I just ordered the 6100 from "amog" aka "Wireless Express" from ebay. I paid $455 total (including shipping and insurance). I have AT&T GSM in California.. I'll post back how it is.. I'll post my feedback on the phone and the guy I bought it from when I get it.

-KC

17. Murdoc

Murdoc Junior Member

Keep me posted. I was also looking at the 7250 in the Nokia web site. (not nokiaUSA) They keep coming out with new stuff. Why doesn't the US get these new phones?

18. kcroy24

kcroy24 New Member

Because GSM in the US still kind of s&cks.

I'm in Alaska on vacation and they have no GSM coverage at all.

19. aiwapro

I carry all of the phones you listed above. The Nokia 6610 is the same as the Nokia 7210, but just a different looking design. They are all the same, but the 6100 has a little more memory. It really depends on which look you like the best. I like the 7210 myself. None of those phones have bluetooth though.
    Yes, they will work with AT&T. Nothing on the phone should be limited. Everything on the phone, AT&T supports, so there should be no problems.

Here are my prices:
    Nokia 6100 = $450
    Nokia 6610 = $435
    Nokia 7210 = $385 (Best Buy)

If you have more questions or you're ready to purchase, please email me at aiwapro@msn.com

20. rockon83

rockon83 Junior Member

when do you plan on having the 6200, and how much for it?

21. Kaosinla

Kaosinla New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 8890
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    How much for a Nokia 8890?

22. aiwapro

I don't have the Nokia 6200 right now, but I do expect to carry it once I can get ahold of it, but I don't know when that will be or what the price will be.

I don't carry the Nokia 8890 anymore, sorry.

23. Niteliferyder420

Niteliferyder420 Junior Member

When u start carrying the 8890i please let us all know. That phone looks S-H-A-R-P!

24. aiwapro

I sure will.