Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile What's the advantage?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by bobolito, Feb 10, 2018.

1. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I have a T-Mobile ONE plan which is $70, but I've found that the hotspot feature is throttled to "512kbps" although my tests say it is far slower. I temporarily got the $10 add-on to increase my hotspot speed and it was really nice and fast, but I was paying $80/month so I cancelled the add-on and I am back at $70/mo. and now hotspot is extremely slow. Sometimes emails don't send or pages don't load. I don't use hotspot extensively, but when I use it I want it to work.

Now, I am looking at Simple Mobile which for $60 gives me unlimited everything plus 10GB of LTE speeds on the hotspot and unlimited LTE data on the phone. I checked their coverage and it is basically the same as T-Mobile's since they use the same network, except that it looks like T-Mobile can roam in more places when traveling. The other thing is that T-Mobile has visual voicemail on the iPhone whereas Simple Mobile does not. Those two things are not a big deal to me. I can't think of any other differences.

So, aside from that, can anyone tell me why I shouldn't switch to Simple Mobile, and pay $10 less than I pay now and get LTE speed hotspot, whereas with T-Mobile I have to pay more and get a very slow hotspot?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    I have been on Simple Mobile for about five months now. I have been happy with the coverage, but I really haven't travelled far from home with it yet. Also I'm on one of the lowest plans so, I haven't tested it as extensively as you might. It is very easy to switch plans at any time with their web site or app. If you sign up for 'Auto-ReUp' there is a small discount from the rate; the $60 plan would be $57/month.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I don't know your age, but T-Mobile has a plan for folks 55 and over for $60. It's for two SIM cards, but you wouldn't have to use one. Just a thought:

Unlimited 55+
    2 lines $60/month

4. Blue4Life

Blue4Life Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Note 3 & 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I just switched to this plan a little over a month ago. The Unlimited 55+ plan is also available with one line for $50/month including taxes & fees.

palandri likes this.
  5. Vakery

Vakery New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Mobile
    Maybe it just works for old people?

6. ruddy64

ruddy64 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Whatever works for ME!!!
    The price for 55+ plan was raised to $70

7. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    Just keep in mind that the T-Mobile Senior plan also throttles hotspot speeds to 512 Kbps.
    I have the 2 lines for $100 promotion. One night I called CS and the offshore India team applied the $0.00 One Plus Promo to my account so I get 10 GB;s of LTE Hotspot and faster international roaming data speeds.
    I know they're not supposed to do it but it worked for me so I guess it's worth a shot.