Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Whats Good For NYC.

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Canarsiejoe, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Canarsiejoe

Canarsiejoe Junior Member

I have been a sprint PCS customer for years. I finally had to dump them when they told me that i went 800 mins over my plan. When I called them to tell that was impossible i was treated like s***. so l told them to go and F themselves. Now i am not to sure that i did the right thing. I joined AT&T. i got a nice phone motorola V60 and have not have any problems in the last 2 weeks. But like i said i need help. Can anyone tell me what their feelings are about AT&T. I have heard that they all have their problems. Iam coming from sprint after 6 years and dont know what which one to chose. Some people tell me go with verizon some say At&t is great and some said i was a fool for leaving sprint.

Thanks
    Joe

2. Guest

Guest Guest

see my post in RE: Whats Good For NYC.

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    If you have had AT&T for the past 2 weeks and have had no problems I don't see why you shouldn't stick with them.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I have lived in NYC all my life and had a cell for the last 10 years. BOTTOM LINE.... you have to go with Verizon if you are concerned with total coverage. There is literally no place I have gone, especailly in NYC where I wasn't covered. The other providers are definately good for big cities too, but if you travel, especially to small towns like I do, verizon is the only way to go. Sprint, Nextel have the smallest coverage areas. Cingular and Voicestream have all of the GSM nationwide but that still is not that expansive. Go with Verizon.

5. NokMotVstream

NokMotVstream New Member

Well, i have have Voicestream for almost 2 years and its just right. i have a good phone (same as you, motorola V60) , i have a good plan (voicestream has good deals), and voicestream has friendly customer service.

there is just one small problem though...if you travel to alot of rural places, you might loose service, but again, you never know, on a trip to Chicago, i was traving with my cousin, he had to use my phone because his Verizon kept telling him he had to give a Credit Card number to call, while mine worked fine.

A good alternitive is Cingulair GSM, it uses the same systems as Voicestream, but has rollover plans and offer a few of the same phones.

Nextel is just horror in NYC and is pretty expensive, Verizon is pretty good, Sprint is good too.

Im not sure about AT&T, but you know about it. and like TNDan said, if you had ATT and you were satisfied, keep it.

6. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It's no secret that AT&T has some issues in NYC. However, they have fixed a lot of problems. Once again, if you don't see any problems, then there's no reason for you to leave them. I have to agree that Verizon has the best coverage in NYC and that GSM carriers like Cingular and Voicestream have limited coverage outside urban areas. However, even in urban areas GSM still has its problems. I live in an urban area in NJ where Voicestream just has no signal in my house. Sprint works fine in most places, AT&T is good here too, Nextel has its issues though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...