Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What's everyone know about @wireless stores/company?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by pfp, Nov 23, 2002.

1. pfp

pfp Senior Member

I noticed that @wireless is actually headquartered hear in Rochester and additionally has 2 store locations here.

Their site is essentially nothing more than an online store and store locator.

I'm curious about this company and (since everyone KNOWS my situation by now, read sig if you don't) employment opportunities they may be able to offer.

If anyone can provide me general information about employment with @wireless (heck, if someone works for them if you can help me get a position) I'd be heavily appreciative. Also, information as to what kind of company they are would be great.

Thanks for the help as always everyone!
    P

2. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Well I guess Savannah, GA would be too far south for you? SPCS (Airgate PCS) has many B2B positions available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pfp

pfp Senior Member

Yeah, I'm looking to stay in Rochester where I recently purchased a house. Also, most b2b sales is commission only (to my knowledge at least), which, though i understand, is a bit sketchy for my current living situation.

BUT, if you can tell me anything about sprint stores, I'd appreciate.

Thanx
    P

4. spridle

spridle Junior Member

Ritmarketer,

Did you read my pm that I sent to you over on howardforums or the email I sent to your yahoo account?

If you have any questions please email me back at glestottl@aol.com

5. WirelessToday2

Sprint PCS is a great company to work for. Your best bet is to try to get a job through the Sprint Business Channel. Go to your nearest store and ask them to help you with directions for the business channel. Go there with a Resume` in hand dressed in a suit. They cut no corners on attire. Ask to speak to the Business Sales Manager. Tell them you are interested in an Account Executive position and you would like to sell 100 Line Business Accounts. They don't want to hear 10/25/50 they want 100+. Good Luck!

6. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

I'm thinking about working in going to work in wireless store too, that is until I get mine. I am looking to work in a T-Mobile store as a sales rep. Is that job on commission, or is it standard pay? Does anybody know what T-Mobile pays is store reps. I'm talking about a corporate store here.

7. WirelessToday2

T-Mobile will pay you about $8.65 an hour plus $10 per activation. They will give you benefits after 30 or 60 days. To me that is way not worth it. With a quota of 60-70 lines per month you are not even going to come close to what you could make in outside sales. Let's just say that T-Mobile does not pay there employees well. I would reccomend working for these companies based on what I do know about the wireless industry

Nextel, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, Or Cingular.

Based on what market you are in or area. You need to find out who has the best reception in your area. These companies will be around for awhile. T-Mobile, formerly known as Voice Stream will be sold in 18-24 months for sure. They Lose more money a day than we will make in a lifetime. Sprint is a Solid Company. AT&T is good. Verizon is great! Notice that the companies I have mentioned with the exception of Nextel all have parent companies in the landline industry. Cingular is owned by Southwestern Bell (SBC). They are going no where. T-Mobile is owned by someone in Germany. They don't even like us! Lol. Good luck my friend...

wirelesstoday@rgv.rr.com

8. aiwapro

I know what outside sales make, and I know if I had my store, I could make almost $200 per activation, but that's not what I'm doing right now. That pay is good, because I'm not trying to make a career out of being a sales rep, it's just going to be a job on the side for me. I'm young, I'm just going to be entering college, so it will be a good job for me.

Plus, if I worked for other companies, I probably would never make any money on activations anyways, because I don't like any other carriers, so persuading other customers to sign up would not happen with me. I would probably end up sending them over to T-Mobile, and sometimes even pull out my T-Mobile phone and show them some things on it.

9. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Rit...if your preference is in retail I would expect around 25-40 salary depending on your experience and then bonuses/commissions/or overides to equal about half of your base salary. 50-80 a year is probably about average income for retail management.

As for outside sales expect 20-40 for base pay...(base pay is usually much lower than inside base pay.) NOt many companies pay on strait commision anymore, just because of the increased competition many reps would starve. You can expect your commissions to equal your base salary. The average outside sales rep in wireless probably makes 50-60. the eceptional ones make 80-100 and the great ones do 100+. But it's not an easy job and the worst part it's a "what have you done for me lately" position. Meaning so what if you sold a 300 line account three months ago, you will be out the door quick if you are not consistant in your sales. I've known many great people who have not been able to cut it in outside sales...even seen a few driven to the point of insanity (I'm not kiddding about that insanity thing.) It's all about hard work...but on the plus side (and the reason I'm back into outside sales, from my prior position of managing a wireless company and a clec) is the freedom....if you bust your gut selling, (and if you don't work for a micromanager) you have all the freedom in the world to come and go as you please...make your own schedule...do your own thing. You are not tied to a retail store or to your own business (I could have started my own business years ago, but that becomes your entire life...not worth it in this case.)

Okay...now that I've rambled on...I need to log of W.A. and go sell some phones...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. aiwapro

Ha Ha, thanks for the info.

I hope T-Mobile pays me atleast that $8.65, or somewhere around there. If they do, I'll quit my current job.

11. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Christopher,

I need to move where you live, I live in a resort town with a pretty High cost of living. $8.65 per hour would not get a High School kid in this town interested in a job. Of course most of them our spoiled brats...I love to hear stories from them when they move off to college and figure out people in the real world do not make $300 for five hours of work a night in a local resturant (unless they are taking off their tops!) My first job was flipping burgers in a Dairy Queen, I made $3.15 per hour and eventually I worked my way up to management making $4.25 per hour...I was big time then, bought my first new car with that hourly rate! (I really did.)

12. aiwapro

You see, I still live with my parents, so the money I make is pretty much mine, unless I give them some money for something.
    I hope T-Mobile is a nice company to work for. I know all the guys that work at this particular store.