Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What was the *worst* phone (or phones) you have ever used?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Yankees368, Feb 26, 2011.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The LG PM-225 I used about 5 years ago was garbage. Probably the worst I've had. But the Rumor 2 and for the most part the Rumor Touch were both good devices.

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    My Samsung Blackjack was a great experience, actually the one that convinced me to go the Smartphone route instead of a separate PDA and phone.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-ca; SonyEricssonX10a Build/2.1.A.0.435) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Ha-ha, I was just trying to think of my worst phone, and the first one that came into my mind was my Samsung BlackJack II. Altho, to be fair, I didn't actually use it much. I just bought it because I wanted to try programming Windows Mobile, but eventually decided not to. I just didn't like WinMob (ver 6.5, I think), which was probably one of the biggest reasons I didn't like the phone. Harware-wise it seemed OK, but not really stellar either.

The other phone I didn't really like was the HTC G1, which I'm actually still using now as my 2nd phone. It's not really that bad either, but I just somehow don't like the "feel" or ergonomics of the phone. The plastic feels weird, and it's kind of thick and clunky. The fact that it can't be upgraded past Android 1.6 is another issue, altho I actually like to have an older Android version around to test backwards compatibility with any app I make.

But really, I don't think I ever had a phone that I "hated" or really despised. Usually I do a little research before buying and have been lucky so far to avoid any lemons :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    The Blackjack had the Smartphone version of WM 5, which was limited and my reason for going to the Treo 750 from it. I didn't have a problem with the hardware except for the flimsy flap covering the USB port, which fell off in a week.

As for WM, you either love it or hate it, I loved it and many have questioned my sanity for that. :D

I have only truly hated one phone, the Motorola T 720 with Verizon. All the rest were perfectly tolerable.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-ca; SonyEricssonX10a Build/2.1.A.0.435) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Ah, the good Ol' Motorola T720...

Who knew such promise could turn into such a cataclysmic disaster...

It was my first intro to a color screen, and oh was I in awe. Then came the user experience, and the love quickly turned to frustration. After a while, the phone died, got T720 #2, worked for a while, then POOF!, that one bit the dust. Not quite eligible for an upgrade yet, so VZ gave me the T730...

Why MOTO why? You create some awesome, game-changing, phones (one of which I own now), but when you misstep, BOY do you MISSTEP!!! :eek: :headscrat

6. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    It was my first experience with color phone and a also a flip phone and I was awed as well.

Actually I did exactly what we tell newbies not to do ( I was definitely a newbie then), go to a provider for a phone. As it turned out the phone was a disaster and the Verizon service in our area was and still is, very spartan; they are 1900 and count on USCC their Roaming Partner who is 850. So basically a no win situation for me, fortunately I still had my trusty Nokia 5165 on Cingular.