Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What phone will provide best reception?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by jbauch357, Jul 19, 2006.

1. jbauch357

jbauch357 New Member

What is the best phone for Sprint voice coverage that I can buy? The price doesn't matter as I have an equipment credit to use and get great discounts through work.

The reason I ask is I bought a Sanyo PM-8200(s) (to replace my prior phone that ended up in a beer cooler somehow - oops) and it is useless as a polished turd as far as reception goes. I know it is a phone problem since I never had a problem with signal strength with my old phone, but noticed the weak signal with the new phone before I even left the store. After a year long battle I had it warranteed out for the same model, and the replacement is jsut as bad. My ex-GF got a free phone from Sprint that got easily twice the signal coverage that mine did (also a sanyo), so i know it is a phone problem and not a signal problem.

I have been jerked around so many times/ways by Sprint reps that I fear for their safety if I ever have to deal with them again. The last time I went to their retail location I got so pissed off I threatened to strap a bomb to my phone and throw it through their window - a confrontation I don't want to have again. So I am here, looking for some good people with educated opinions.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the direction of a good phone!!!

2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    when your shopping on the site you can click on the phone to get a full overview......look in the key features when you click on it and if it says dual band/trimode then it will get you the best coverage

after you gathered a list of these phones .............cross out all the phones except for the motorolas and the nokias and if you dont like what is left then you can try the Samsung A640 but i would highly recommend that you try a nkia or motorola first (try the Motorola cuz the Sprint Nokia interface is really weird)

so Motorola, Nokia, then Samsung......motorola and Nokia phones get better reception than any other brand no matter what the network

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jbauch357

jbauch357 New Member

Really, not Sanyo? I have always been told that Sanyo had the best reception of all the phones offered by sprint.

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    nope it is definitely the Motorolas then the Nokias.....they are usually the best all around for all carriers

the Sanyo interface isn't that great anyway

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jbauch357

jbauch357 New Member

ok, thanks for the info...

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The best phones for reception are very subjective. Don't necessarily believe everything you read on forums. Sanyos have always had the best ratings on Sprint. But there really isn't a whole lot of difference among the brands & models these days.

7. jbauch357

jbauch357 New Member

The two phones that am considering the most are the Sanyo A900 and the Sanyo Katana. They both have a slim desing that I like, and are Sanyo - which from my reading has the best reception for Sprint services. I tend to lean more toward the Katana becuase it is tri-band, while A900 is a dual band. Also I have read that the A900 will drain a battery quickly in an area that has limited coverage, due to it searching for coverage.

8. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Probably not much if any difference between the two.

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    all phones will do that if your in a dead area then your phones battery will drain faster because it is trying to get service......thats why it is always good to get a phone with the airplane mode feature

10. noahm

noahm Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V276
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    One of these phones that you're considering, the A900, is actually a Samsung. Just thought you might want to know if you are leaning towards the katana already!

11. jbauch357

jbauch357 New Member

yeah you are right, i forgot that part. that was another reason that i was leaning toward the Katana.

12. ladrums100000

ladrums100000 New Member

I've had the Katana for 2 weeks now and LOVE it to death. It is nicer looking and acting than the razr, and I actually have been getting great reception. Definitely get the car charger with it, as the battery life is not super great as is the same with any phone using a large color screen, but other than that, I would recommend it highly. I actually get reception in places that calls on Verizon and Cingular would normally drop me.