Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

what phone do you recommend

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by gyrlonfilm, Jan 10, 2010.

1. gyrlonfilm

gyrlonfilm New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Cliq
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    hi all,

i am so frustrated with my phone! i currently have a Samsung Behold that i have had for about a year. it freezes up on me all the time and will not hang up calls immediately after i try to. i am in the market for upgrading to a new phone, but i am less than enthused about some of the phone choices t-mobile has.

I really would like to stay away from motorola and Samsung phones, i have had several of each, and i have had nothing but trouble of both.

i am looking to make calls, use the camera, and do text messaging. i like the touch screen technology but would like a sliding keyboard as an option. what phones are really good out there for t-mobile right now? should i just wait a few more months in case something really good is coming along.

thanks all!

2. gyrlonfilm

gyrlonfilm New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Cliq
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    ok, so i'm talking to myself. :) i am going to look for another phone from another carrier and buy one unlocked on ebay.

3. The Robot Devil

The Robot Devil Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

Most of the handsets in T-Mobile's offerings are made by Samsung or Motorola. By ruling them out you are really limiting your choices. T-Mobile offers a few Nokia, and a Sony Ericsson that are pretty good. Based on your requirements you should check out some of the HTC devices as well. I suggest going to a T-Mobile retail store where you can see them and test them out.

4. gyrlonfilm

gyrlonfilm New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Cliq
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    thanks for your suggestion. i will probably do that. i have looked at the HTC phone.

5. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Take a look at the HTC Touch Pro 2, I think you may be pleased with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    i got an iphone not too long ago. nice phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Not an option as she is with T-Mobile.

8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Like stated, taking Samsung and Motorola out of the equation really limits your choices. Since you mentioned the unlocked route check out some of Nokia's phones that are really reliable. Also Tmo has a few Nokia phones as well.

9. The Robot Devil

The Robot Devil Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    An unlocked iPhone works very well on T-Mobile's network. I had several customers that purchased them on eBay and used them. However, if you don't want to pay the additional fees for data service I wouldn't recommend one. If you go with an HTC device T-Mobile may require you to add data service as well. Be sure to ask.

10. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    But in truth, this isn't much of an option. If she's not aware that an iPhone software update will re-lock the phone, and that she won't get 3G speeds on the phone on T-Mobile's network, it may be more of a headache to use the iPhone on T-Mo. Besides, this phone without data is nothing more than an over-priced iPod Touch with simple phone ability.

I''ve used an iPhone (1st gen./EDGE data speeds) unlocked on T-Mobile in the past, so I know the drill.

If she's not sure how to keep the phone unlocked, using this phone with T-Mobile can be more of a pain than it's worth.

11. crood

crood Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Moment
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Also, she'd rather have a hardware keyboard so that would be another reason not to get an iPhone.

12. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Maybe it's time to rethink Motorola as a choice. The Cliq is what I would call a "fun phone", meaning it is feature packed, does some interesting things, and accesses all of the Android applications of which there are many. Its ability to integrate with Google's calendar and contact list are great features as well.

The only complaint I have so far is that the learning curve is a bit steep, for me anyway. It's not exactly complicated, just different and does take some getting used to, especially the touch screen. The hard keyboard is great however and it does email, Internet, and being a telephone pretty well.

If only I could figure out why some of those alert beeps occur for no apparent reason (email, text, voice message).

13. rachelm920

rachelm920 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Gravity 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-mobile
    Like noted above almost all of t-mobile's phones are Samsungs. All of the QWERTY phones definitely are unless you want to buy a smart phone requiring an additional monthly fee. I went from a Motorola Razr (free phone) to a Samsung Gravity then Gravity 2 and have had nothing but problems since I switched. Too bad I gave my razr away or I would consider switching back.

The Cliq gets very high ratings on CNET who I trust, but like a Blackberry or other "smart" phone you will have to shell out that additional monthly fee. I think the Google phones are pretty neat myself. I'm just afraid that if I shell out the money for an expensive phone, I might have the same problem with service in the future...

14. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    I realize I'm responding to an old thread, but get anything but Samsung.

Used two of them (Stripe and Gravity) and both of them lost the signal with the towers (being right across the street from them - both home and at work) when the phones are web browsing.

Went back to a Nokia and it has yet to lose the signal in the same areas. :)