Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What "larger" phone should I get?

Discussion in 'ANDROID Phones, Tablets and Devices' started by Scrumhalf, May 30, 2017.

1. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Google Nexus 5X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Thinking of stepping up from the 5in screen on my Nexus 5X to the 5.5in range. I'm not sure I want to pay the 600-plus that new phones cost, so I'm thinking of the used market.

So, what should I consider? The Nexus 6P is a natural choice, but it's almost 2 years old. The Pixel XL is still a bit too expensive. Maybe the OnePlus 3T? Any others I should look at?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    All I can say is my Nexus 6P has been the best Android phone I have owned.

I still use my Asus Zenfone 2 for work. I work construction and it's been a good phone. Asus really stepped it up with the Zenfone 2. I know the Zenfone 3 is out, but I haven't kept up with it.

3. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Google Nexus 5X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Yeah, the 6P is definitely something that is high on my list, since I can get it for under $300 used. Should I be concerned about the battery though, on such a relatively old phone?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    palandri likes this.
  4. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    That's a legitimate concern. The batteries only last so long. Mine is still good and will last all day.

Scrumhalf likes this.
  5. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Google Pixel 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I've read good things about the Moto G series phones. Generaly good performance, battery life, and close to stock Android.

Scrumhalf and palandri like this.
  6. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Google Nexus 5X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Yeah, the Motos have always impressed me. My backup phone is a Moto X. Great phone. I'll look into the G.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk