Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What is your Data Usage?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by viewfly, Jun 4, 2010.

?

What is you maximum data usage (non-Wifi)

1. Less than 5Gb

16.7%
  2. Less than 3 Gb

10.0%
  3. Less than 2 Gb

23.3%
  4. Less than 200 Mb

50.0%
  1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I found the poll results surprising also. Especially that the top data users are not iPhones! Even a Blackberry is up therer. Bobolitio is the only exception.

2. chokaay

chokaay Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    With my Palm Centro, I use <200MB/mo. In fact, I never ever cross over 100MB. It's not hard using so little data since the browser in this phone is "barely" functional for most websites nowadays (and it's almost painful surfing on a screen this size). Most of my data goes to email.

However, if I were to switch to an Android phone (or any "modern" smartphone), then I'm sure my data would exceed 200MB easily... :biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xpimp

Xpimp New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  4. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    Sorry I use no data on my phone at all. :p
    Even on my home internet connection it's only around 200 MB a month, average

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well after switching to the Droid X on Thursday morning, I will now be using more data (especially since I will be using SlingPlayer more since I now have a player that is dedicated and made for my device). I am currently at 357.3 MB as of 12:15 am this morning. I have used approximately 200+ MB of data since I switched devices. This data estimate includes my BB for this month since my billing cycle starts over on July 22. I will update again once I have a more accurate estimate of data used on my Droid X.

6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I have been using my allowed 25MB on my Verizon LG enV Touch.

7. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    So now which plan do you have? Where you able to get the unlimited back or you are staying at the 200?
    As to my usage, well, normally it goes close to 2GB and at times it spikes up (radio, GPS and so on). But the biggest thing for me is when using another provider's SIM while overseas, my monthly usage over there is around 400 MB so with that as a possible minimum, the 200 will not do it for me and the 2GB will be the least, but for $5 more I opted to stay with the unlimited and be on the safe side

8. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I changed mine to 2 Gb, this morning, my usage is completely messed up by switching between the BIS and SmartPhone plans 5 or 6 times. I figured it would be safe to up it and track it during a "nomal" usage month and then deciding it.

Since my company discount is only applicable to the 2GB plan the difference is only about $6/month from the 200 MB plan. :)

9. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Currently, on my Droid Incredible, I used 945MB so far this month; I have another 10 days remaining in the cycle... Last month, I used 355MB in 10 days. The other 20 days, I used 9MB or so on the LG enV Touch.

10. spleck

spleck Tool

My Phone:
    iPhone 5 VZW
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I'm still on unlimited even though my latest usage was only 142 MB, and the month before (while using an iPhone 4) was 412 MB.

My wife is on the 200 MB/ $15 plan saving me money. She only used 46 MB last month, and peaked at 123 MB for both months before that.

11. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Changed dramatically with 15 days on the X10 and the rest on the BB 9700, back to the 2GB plan.

[​IMG]

12. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Impressive graph Charlyee! Yes, your data usage has increased! :biggrin::cool2:

13. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thanks Chris, the graph is at&t's credit, it is available on line in our account.

As for the data usage, I am doing better this month and I am presuming it will get a little better yest as I learn the device some more and don't play with it so much. :D

With 4 days left in my billing cycle I have used 379.49 MB until this morning.

14. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    It is much better this month and I am thinking it will go down another 50 MB or so and settle right around 350 Mb, still a far cry from from the <100 Mb I used to do with my 9700.

[​IMG]

15. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Is Opera Mini available for the Android? If, so, use that and you will see a drop as it compresses data but not like RIM. When I was overseas, I used it on the iphone instead of Safari and was able to sort off keep my data usage in check (no unlimited over there and the max package was 120mb and the nice part it is only 10 cents for every additional MB).