Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What is wrong with Alltel?

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by skevin007, Feb 10, 2004.

1. skevin007

skevin007 New Member

4 months ago I signed up for alltel with an unlimited mobile to mobile plan between me and my girlfriend. This sounded like a good deal because we call each other very often. Needless to say we were very surprised when our first bill of 750 dollars came in the mail. On the bill, they charged us for all of our moibile to mobile calls! Well this has happened every month since I signed up and they refuse to fix the problem even though my contract states that i have unlimited Mobile to Mobile!

This has been an ongoing battle that consumes time out of every single day of my life and I am simply sick of Alltel. The whole process pissed me off so much that I started an anti-alltel website at www.alltel-sucks.org Yes, alltel sucks that bad. Stay away!

Kevin

2. TitanTiger

TitanTiger New Member

The best thing I know to do is to contact the Better Business Bureau for Alltel's home office area and file a complaint. Also, contact the state attorney general for their area and file a complaint with them. Then call Alltel and notify them that you have done this and that you demand a resolution to this problem while you are on the phone with them and record the phone call. Also, demand it in writing.

If you've already done all of this, then it sounds like you might want to contact and attorney and see about getting out of your contract with them. If you take your sob story to another carrier, they might even sweeten their normal deal to get you to come to them.

3. SQFreak

SQFreak Moto's Not So Bad Anymore

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Q9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mike1971

mike1971 New Member

You know I had a similiar problem with them a few months back, however I had upgraded to their 29.95 plan or 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited MM , unlimited N we minutes plan. I also have another phone on family share.

They forgot to add the UMM, U N & WE Minutes. Also the Unlimited NLD .... My bill needless to say was around $1000, Between the MM used, All the Ld calls from both phones, and the evening calling, the bill weighed a ton!

I was shocked needless to say.

1 call to *611 fixed it, they credited it all back to me (over the course of 1 billing period) I did not pay anything that month because they screwed up royally.

My account is fixed, both phones have what they should and we are very pleased with the signal, service, every service will have dropped calls when you loose the signal you're dealing with radio waves ya know, over all for cellular service it is pretty good.

They even through in VM and DA, Web Unwired, Mr. Rescue free of charge due to their screw up.

Mr. Rescue has come in handy more than once this winter.

5. Bruce20437

Bruce20437 New Member

Absolutely agreed! We moved cross country to an area that doesn't
    carry Alltel, so our phones are constantly roaming. We have missed
    calls, phones that do not ring, and important messages that don't come
    in until four to six hours later. However, Alltel is completely
    unrelenting and will not release us from our contract. They want to
    hold to the exorbitant charge of $200 each to break our contract! It's
    no wonder that they are being taken over by Verizon.

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    This thread is over 4 years old.

7. jimbo

jimbo Member

Thread is back from the dead...

well done Bruce!

ROTFL

8. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    In netiquette it's called "necro posting"...:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Isn't this the exact same post as the other thread. Stop.

10. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

Bruce, I guess it would make better business sense to start waiving those ETF's and charging upfront for the true cost of a phone... But in this case you got a subsidy on the phone, so that's where your contract came from... I don't think it's unreasonable to hold a customer to an agreement... you don't really think a motorola RAZR only cost 99 cents do you.

11. FlaFyrFyter

FlaFyrFyter New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V557
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T?Cingular - Alltel
    I inquired about their wireless broadband and they touted so much about their excellent coverage in my area,Got the USB modem home and couldnly pull about 2 bars

12. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    what is your point? 2 bars is all you need with CDMA carriers. I can hold a clear call with zero-one bars. With gsm (at&t) providers, 2 bars will yield a garbled call, but not with CDMA, Alltel's coverage is excellent. There is no guarantee that any one carrier will work at your home or work, but chances are with Alltel in most places you will have service. Alltel and Verizon have the best coverage hands down.

1 person likes this.
  13. FlaFyrFyter

FlaFyrFyter New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V557
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T?Cingular - Alltel
    Ok,more like 1.5 - sometimes 2 bars and it's unlimited wireless broadband internet service, Loses connections or dropped calls is the problem with it,Went with Alltel only because they claim it is truly unlimited which helps if you game online