Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

what is the hype about verizion have such great service???

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

my cingular has just great service. my girlfriend has verizion and her service seems no better then mine. i just wanna know why everyone says verizon is the best in service in this area. am i missing something other then service recption on the phones?

2. Fullstrength

Fullstrength Junior Member

If you say sometime, repeatly . People believe it. I think Cingular and Verizon have about the same coverage.

3. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    It really depends on where you are. In some areas, Cingular and Verizon are about the same. In other areas(some places I frequent) Verizon and Sprint get much better signal than Cingular. In the end, if what you've got works for you, that's all that matters.

4. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

yeah im from southern CT i was teh orignal poser abbout this

5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    It all depends on where you live, in my area Verizon has better coverage then Cingular. Overall from a nationwide standpoint I really do believe that Verizon Wireless has the best coverage.

6. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

i realy love my cingular but im moving to a more woody area so im gonna chekc out how my girls phone gets service up there and i realy do want that v60i i cant waite till sept for the TDMA verz. but i dont wanna switch to veriz

7. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    It really depends on where you are. In some areas, Cingular and Verizon are about the same. In other areas(some places I frequent) Verizon and Sprint get much better signal than Cingular. In the end, if what you've got works for you, that's all that matters.

TRUE!!!!

Different areas have different providers who are better

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    G20Ryder, why don't you want Verizon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

I guess when you look at the big picture and compare all the national players: AT&T, Cingular, Nextel, Sprint, Verizon, and VoiceSteam many are coming to the same conclusion - there is one that stands apart from the rest: Verizon.

10. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The previous advertisement was paid for by the FFOVW group. (Friends and Fans Obsessed with Verizon Wireless).

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Verizons fanatics are really something. This kind of hate filled loyalty is unheard of. Its acute denial that in the next 4yrs CDMA will be gone. I think their employee orientation must be like some sorta Hitler youth camp.

12. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well now, let's not add fuel to the fire.....

13. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

forget your verizon statement. i agree that for every company their are fanatics. what boggles me is your "4yrs that cdma will be gone"

pardon me, but what are you smoking?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

this is g20ryder: sorry forgot my pwd

i got verizion yesterday cause i wanted to check it out and cause im moving and see what provider gives me better service at my new location. since i havent been to the new house yet so far just driving and being places i haventg noticed a differnce at all. but at my office i have. now i get no service in my office compared to my cingular 8260 2bars of service. but there will be more tests i do have 15 days to return it. so far not impressed with there "raving service" suposed to be top notch everywhere huh.

"can you hear me now"??? ummm.. possibly

15. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well we have Verizon bashers and gushers here.....get a life. In my area, Verizon and Cingular are close but Verizon is still the best. Never had a dropped call when on a highway (only at my mom's house, fringe area). DIGITAL coverage all along the highway, cingular seems to have fogotten a good 10 mile stretch of highway in Milford. When I call my Cingular friend's phone, sometimes it will not ring....that's never happened to me (or mentioned at least). She/He will say it was sitting right there, but my call never went through or to voicemail. For quality, rural coverage (and customer service.....Cingular is down right rude here) Verizon wins here.

16. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

didnt you just tell the so called bashers to gtea life? then you go ahead and say cingular CS is down right rude and verizion wins? dont that sound like an "bashing comment" i know its you opnion and i have mine and everyone has theres on this. my CS with cingular has been great everyone has been real nice and helpfull. so that MO, but we see what i keep

17. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    see what happens when you add fuel to the fire?

18. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

me or him?

19. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'd say you. I was stating my expierence with the company, it hasn't been positive. In *my* area I think Verizon wins, hands down, that's not really a bash, just my observation. I am sure there are areas where Cingular has better service, deals, etc. just not here in Delaware.

20. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

The Verizon network (CDMA) is much larger than Cingular (TDMA & GSM).

21. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

ofcousre youd say me why would you say yourself?? i wasnt talking to you anyway cause you dint make the commebt i was talking to bobolito.

22. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I wasn't referring to anyone in specific. There was an anonymous post who started it "Verizons fanatics are really something..." then it continued followed by the rest of you which really throws the thread off topic to then become a "who's-the-best" argument accompanied by defensive (and in some cases offensive) remarks.

23. Guest

Guest Guest

I've tried many differnet carriers and now I am with Verizon and absolutely love it!

I often ask myself why I waited so long...