Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

what is the difference between Suncom wireless and Suncom GSM

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by kikkinmoose, Mar 10, 2007.

1. kikkinmoose

kikkinmoose New Member

just wondering if I buy a unlocked quad brand gsm cingular phone from ebay if it will work with my Suncom Wireless sim card?

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Yes, it will — Suncom is a GSM carrier ;) You will need to change the data settings, but voice and text should work right away.

3. kikkinmoose

kikkinmoose New Member

ok i received the phone today and i insert my suncom sim card, it reads it and it accepts it, but I cant get it to reconize the network itself. I can view my phonebook but cant make or receive calls, Is there something I need to set up with the phone in the menu?

4. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    What happens when you try to select the network manually? Or is that option blocked?

5. kikkinmoose

kikkinmoose New Member

When I go to network the available networks are suncom and cingular, when i go to suncom it says register and then i click that and it says registering but nothing still works. when I go to network lists it has suncom and then 3 slots of cingular, then slots of t moble but when i click suncom again it says register. The phone says its unlocked, but could it not be totally unlocked? WOuld a code work?

6. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I don't understand — when you select the Suncom network and it says register, does it ever complete the registration? Does it show any signal bars?

7. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    Is the phone a Quad band phone? Check the network settings there will be 900 / 1800 and 850/1900. Make sure that the phone is in either auto or 850/1900 mode. Put the sim back in your old phone does it work? you can also go to a retail store and get the newest updated sim.

8. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Good point — according to another post by the OP the phone in question is a V400, which is quad-band.

9. RadioFoneGuy

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That was exactly my first thought. I had to go to Iraq in the national guard and needed a quad mode so I picked up a V400 (awesome phone I love it) I remember going thru the settings and seeing the network options. I remember first playing in the settings and had it on 900/1800 I could see the network ids but the phone said emergency only untill i put the phone on automatic detect. Good luck you will like the phone once its going. The only draw back to mine is the battery died exactly 2 years after I got it and the new battery was 50 buck. I had the phone eprom changed to field test, it worked good.

10. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I re-read the thread and it appears the OP was able to scan and see available networks which would suggets that the frequencies are set correctly — the phone would find nothing in 900/1800 mode :(

11. RadioFoneGuy

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I would go to a store and get your SIM cloned.