Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What is the best phone currently available?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by jfxf, Nov 29, 2005.

1. jfxf

jfxf Junior Member

My Phone:
    v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, was Cingular for too long
    Ignoring the "which carrier is best/worst" debate for a minute, what is the best phone currently available as far as performance and features are concerned?

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    It really depends on your carrier, and what you like in a phone. If you gave us more insight on which features you like we may be able to give good recommendations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jfxf

jfxf Junior Member

My Phone:
    v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, was Cingular for too long
    What I meant to say was which is the best performing phone; that is, no complaints; it does everything that it is supposed to do well; great signal; bluetooth; speakerphone; good camera; good video, etc.

My first two years are up with vzw and I am trying to decide whether or not to sign on for another two, or jump back to cingluar which seems to have much more feature laden phones thann vzw.

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    If you stay with VZW I'd get a V3c - the new Razr for CDMA. Cingular just had a price drop on the V3 - its now $99 w/ rebate. The V557 is also an excellent choice. If you hold out a little longer the V3i and the V3x are also very promising. Of all the phones I've mentioned the V3x will have a 2 megapixel camera and 3G data. The absolutely latest technology if 3G is being rolled out in your area.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You could go with Nokia 6256i :browani:

6. chuikov

chuikov Senior Member

If your priority is coverage (voice), your choice of handset will likely have no impact.

All handsets now send at the same power more or less. All that really matters is your carrier's quality of service where you choose to use your phone.

7. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

I recently picked up a SE W600i from cingular. This phone is awesome. Quad band, awesome reception, and feature packed.

8. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    The NOkia 6236i is also a great option depending on what you want to do with a phone. If you want the best possbile reception and battery quality go with Nokia or Moto Verizon phones. The E815 is a good choice as well, same with the RAZR.

9. Steamer43

Steamer43 New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6101
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    We presently have T-Mobile & we are Happy with the Phones we have Nokia 6600, Nokia 6101 & Motorola V360
    T-Mobile seems to be coming out with Very good Phones worth checking out.

10. wzmadia

wzmadia New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cellular One, Verizon Wireless
    Definitley for Verizon Wireless phones, stear clear of the Motorola v265 or 276, or 260. I work for a Verizon Authorized retailer, and these phones are cheaply made and I do not know how many times customers have come in complaining of static, dropped calls, and endless technical issues. They are even being recalled, but they are still selling them. The camera on two of the three models is awful quality as well, but they are fairly cheaply priced, so people go for them.
    My advice is, DON'T go for a cheap phone, follow the general rule that you will get what you pay for. Go ahead, spend the extra $50 or so dollars and get a higher quality phone, it will last you longer, and ALWAYS get insurance! It is worth the peace of mind, because Verizon offers very little options (maybe 25% off a retail phone, which most start around $200 or more) if you break your phone or it malfunctions outside of the warranty specifications.
    I would recommend the Motorola E815, most samsung models seem to get happy customers, LG8100, and even the LG5200 and new Nokia 6256 I have heard either good commentation or nothing negative at least!

Good luck and remember, don't decline on the insurance!

11. Chinasaur

Chinasaur Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8330
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    There is no such animal.

And there is definately no such animal without quantifiers as to what YOU consider the best.

You might as well ask ten parents with children which one has the cutest child. You're going to get ten answers and all ten of them will be equally irrelevant.

What do you NEED or WANT. Let THAT be your starting point.

12. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia6682/2.0 (3.01.1) SymbianOS/8.0 Series60/2.6 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I am liking nokia phones, mostly.