Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What is Blinko?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by NokiaKrazy, Aug 27, 2006.

1. NokiaKrazy

NokiaKrazy 2010. I'm still around

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Recieved my bill, I'm being charged $9.99 for Blinko. I called Customer Support to get this removed. They tell me that this cannot be removed.

So what am I to do? I did not order this, I don't know what a Blinko is. Do I have to switch to Verizon?

2. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Blinko, that crap showed up on my bill several months ago. It's basically this company that does a lot of those "free ringtone" commercials on tv and the internet. Either you sent a text for a free ringtone or, and this is what happened to me, somebody somewhere entered a random number into a website so they could test out the process on how to get a free ringtone. Blinko doesn't tell you the fineprint until after you've sent the text or entered the number on the website that they will charge you 9.99/mo for their service. I don't see how Blinko gets away with it because they will bill you for somebody just entering your # into their database and apparently, to them, that's as good as an agreement.

Sorry, switching providers won't get rid of Blinko, the Blinko company will keep charging your number. Just be firm with Alltel customer service and tell them this was an unauthorized charge on your account. Nobody has had access to your phone and you did not order the service. Or if you did indeed send a text for a free ringtone, tell them that you cancelled as soon as you found out what the charges were and Blinko just isn't cancelling it. Alltel should have the capability to cancel the service and ask for a refund from Blinko because that is what they did for me. If they CS truly no longer has this capability, perhaps someone else on here knows how to go through Blinko to cancel the charge. Hope this was a help.

3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Actually, if you text a message back with just "cancel" in it, it will stop future charges. You will know they cancelled it because they will text you back saying they did. It's a monthly charge.

Actually I just checked the website, I sent cancel and it worked for my families phone. But here is what the website says "To unsubscribe send STOP to 42222."

I didn't try to get the money back though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NokiaKrazy

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    This Blinko program has to be a scam. I never ordered it. All the sudden, I'm being billed for it.

5. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yeah same thing happened to our phone, the person who uses it didn't recognize Blinko at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    nokia... pvt me your number. i will send you that companies info so they can credit you. since alltel did not bill you, alltel can't credit you. but you can call the scam company. i hate those lil companies. modern day con artists that make a lot of people angry with the cell companies

7. alltelwirelesstech

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    i think miss cleo from the psyhic company started these ;)

8. sexyleo

sexyleo New Member

Alltel tech, check your pm's

9. info222

info222 New Member

You received this by clicking Free ringtone icon on the internet or signing up by text messages. These services require a double opt to ensure you are aware of the exact charges. When signing up on the internet and text messages containing a pin number is sent to the phone- This ensure other customer can't sign you up. At any time you can opt out of the programs by replying to the daily text message with on of these key words: stop, end, quit, cancel, or unsubscribe.

Carriers don't provide refunds for these service because in it requires text message you have to have to response that you understand what are paying extra.

The moral to the story is Don't click through Ads on the internet without reading the fine print..Make sure you understand what you are singing up for. Nothing in life comes for free.

10. NokiaKrazy

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    \

LISTEN!

I DID NOT CLICK ANY ADS ON THE INTERNET TO RECIEVE THIS! I DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW THIS ENDED UP ON MY BILL. I HAVE NEVER RECIEVED ANY TEXT MESSAGES FROM ANYONE I DON'T KNOW.

SO PLEASE DON'T TELL ME WHAT I HAVE DONE AND HAVE NOT DONE!

11. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    I agree with NokiaKrazy. Whatever protocol Blinko is suppose to follow, they do not. They will charge you without receiving a confirmation text with a pin number. And I strongly believe, because I have no other way to know how they could've previously gotten my number and I have seen the website, you just enter a number into the website and that number is enrolled. They require no confirmation pin # or text. Then after you fill in your #, or a # in that website, they say they will charge you 9.99/month billed to your telephone #. They are the new modern day con-artists.

12. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Blinko sounds like a game on The Price Is Right.

-Jay

13. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    LOL, don't worry Nokia. This guy is a nobody. The fact that he went through the steps to create an account and post that one "profound" condescending statement tells a lot about him/her as a person.

14. alltelwirelesstech

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    That person is correct on the way the process is supposed to be. I would have to disagree with them in the asumption that they all follow that. I have seen where some people get the charges and should not. I wish carriers would put a little more pressure on these companies to ensure that people are not charged in error.

Guys, lets be nice. Obviously that person is an employee of Alltel and i do not think they were trying to be mean. I think they were trying to be informative it just did not come across right.

15. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    LOL, ok sorry info222...Friends? :cheers2: :)

16. NokiaKrazy

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I'm sure that Info222 meant no harm. Just trying to be helpful. But when I read that I just got a little upset and I wanted to be heard above the crowded room where everyone was talking loudly.

Now that I've got my point of view established. I feel better.

And yes, I agree that is the way that their "services" (LOL) are supposed to work. But, does everything work the way is supposed to?

Just ask a former Enron employee if things all worked the way they were supposed to be.