Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

what is a banner?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by malG, Apr 14, 2003.

1. malG

malG New Member

What is a banner? Why would i want to change it? and how do i change it on a nokia 8265 phone?

2. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    A banner is the word or phrase across the top of your phone's screen. Yours probably says AT&T or HOME. People just change them to personalize their phones, like changing face plates. This doesn't work on some newer models but try this, press *#3001#12345#, then go to NAM1, alpha tag, then if the screen shows your current banner, then change it, press save or OK or whatever option sounds right. Then just turn your phone off and back on again to exit the menus.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vyperz

Vyperz Member

Buickman,
    After I press 12345#, how do I get to NAM1? Hit the send button? Save? I just have the numbers and # signs on the screen and don't know what to do next to get to the next step. thanks!

4. Buickman

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    Vyperz, you have to press the full string of numbers " *#3001#12345# ". the " * " is the button below the "7". After you press the last # it should take you to a menu screen. It is possible that this may not work on that model. malG, you have any luck?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Buickman

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    Sorry all, I just realized I typed that entry code wrong, it should be " *3001#12345# ", NOT " *#3001#12345# ". Sorry for any confusion.

6. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    I tried it with my 5100 but it doesn't work so it's possible they've eliminated it on the new color screen GSM series.

Thanks for the post, though [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Buickman

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    I'm not sure, but I think I remember hearing that this only works on CDMA and TDMA handsets. I think the banner on a GSM phone comes from the programing in the SIM card.

8. Vyperz

Vyperz Member

I was able to get to the Alpha Tag screen with the new path. However, it still didn't change the banner, and I do have a TDMA 8265 phone. Mine must be a different version I guess.

9. ERL857

ERL857 Junior Member

to change the banner on att tdma phones you have to:

Enter "*3001#12345#" in the main screen.
    Choose "NAM1"
    Scroll to "PSID/RSID lists" and press Select
    Then you will see "P/RSID 1", "P/RSID 2" etc. Usually you will change "P/RSID 1", however, it is possible that your phone uses 2, 3, or 4 etc. Therefore, just select "P/RSID 1" first and see if there is any value inside. There should be non-zero values in PSID/RSID, Connected system ID, Operator code (SOC) and Country Code.

taken from www.the-mobile.net

to get the correct values for your home area go to www.the-mobile.net and then select p/rsid lists
    you will only see your personalized banner in you home area.