Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What do those three tones mean when I make a call?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by jstich, Jul 9, 2006.

1. jstich

jstich New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    I've always been curious about this. I've noticed that about half the calls I make always begin with three tones (lasting no more than 2 sec cumulatively). What do these tones mean? Sometimes they repeat, generally when I'm roaming on another network.

2. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    sounds like you are in a Nortel switch market and some how the message waiting tones are turned on. Its like VM notification but its a tone at the start of a call. If they annoy you, i can go into the switch and turn them off. By default, we keep them off but sometimes old recycled numbers that have not been active since way back in the day still have them in the switch features.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jstich

jstich New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    That could be true. I hadn't thought of voicemail notification, so I never really made the correlation. I'll check that out and let you know. Thanks.

4. budone

budone Junior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I have this occur when I travel to the UP of Mich. It is notifying me of VM.