Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

what do i do?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by bluejoshnock, Jan 22, 2007.

1. bluejoshnock

bluejoshnock New Member

:( ok so im tryin 2 buy a new alltel U prepaid phone online but i dont have a credit card....and when i go to an alltel store the prepaid phones are much more expensive than how much they are online....what can i do?

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Do you have a debit card at all? How about a paypal account? Although those also require a credit card just to setup. You could get a debit card number just for that transaction if you did that. You could go to a bank that offers gift cards in the form of visa/mastercard debit cards. Although I don't know for sure if alltel does a check on it for billing etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GravityFails

GravityFails New Member

My Phone:
    AX245
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Alltel, Virgin
    Hmm. I've never seen a difference in Alltel's online prices and their in-store prices, and I've bought a LOT of phones, my friend.

I'm thinking that you're not actually in an Alltel corporate store, but an authorized agent; it's misleading, but just because they hang a sign that says "Alltel" doesn't mean they're a corporate store. I've got a place here that's an authorized Alltel agent, with a big Alltel sign lit up on the building, yet they charge almost double for their prepaid phones.

The cheapest Alltel prepaid phone is the Samsung a645 at $19.99. How much is your place asking for that one?

4. Wireless Guy

Wireless Guy New Member

It is true, you need to find an Alltel Corporate store. Prepaid phones are not a commissionable sale, so agents cant sell them for the online prices without losing money on the sale. Corporate stores should be the same as online for prepaid.

5. bluejoshnock

bluejoshnock New Member

ummmm no i havent checked on dat one but i wanted the slider one and it was like almost 2 hundred or somethin....but im not sure ill go check again and ill see i hope its da sam price as it is online....o its cuz i asked a girl dat worked there and there was a dispaly of their cel fones and their prices but 4 the contract thing....and i asked how much it was on prepaid and she said it was the retail price and it said like 190.00 bucks so yea

6. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The local Walmart sells the Motorola w315 for $40 on the Alltel prepaid -I think its called "Simplefreedom". :)

7. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    Simple Freedom phones are locked and cannot be used on Alltel U as they come off the shelf. You would have to unlock the phone first and still there are no guarantees.

8. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Try using the Alltel Store Locater here and make sure you're actually going to a corporate store. Since it shows three in El Paso why don't you try just going to a different store.

But I agree with GravityFails, I've looked and never noticed a difference between the online Prepaid pricing and the Alltel store. I just got 2 prepaid phones a month ago for others for Christmas too. But $190 sounds too high when your getting it with prepaid service. Online it's showing the Slider U420 as $99.99 plus the activation fee. The last time I was in the store, the pre-paid price was on display with the phone, but it was in smaller print way down below the price of the phone with a 2 yr contract.

9. Gabbyfire

Gabbyfire New Member

From personal experience (1) you should be able to get the same price at your local Alltel store and (2) KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING when you purchase that "good deal" from Alltel.com. When I purchased my phone online in July of last year and had problems with it. I found out later that "they" meaning Alltel.com can send you a refurbished phone without informing you that it's refurbished! I complained that the web site was misleading and that I thought I was purchasing a NEW phone at a good deal. I said "this can't be legal!" - They said "Yes it is" ---go figure.

10. bluejoshnock

bluejoshnock New Member

haha ill check next time lol but yea i hope thyreda same price= ) and i want da slider one lol

11. bluejoshnock

bluejoshnock New Member

haha nah i dont hav none of those but i will tey and see if i get it at da same price at da alltel store