Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What Carrier should i get????

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by wafrenkel, Oct 30, 2005.

1. wafrenkel

wafrenkel Junior Member

My Phone:
    E715
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hi, me and my mother, are lookin for some phones. She of corse doesnt care bout features. But i do. We just got nextel, me I930 her I760 i think. But my I930 is to think and she doesnt like the clarity and the 2yr contract with nextel. What is a Carrier for us. And whats a good phone for me. I REALLY liked the windows mobile on the I930 but id like to see some screen shots of windows mobile 2005. .. TYA

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    You need to tell us a little bit more about where you are, where you want your phones to work, how much you want to spend, etc. etc.

3. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yes, I agree with Andy.

Once we know these things, more people will be able to help you and your mom.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kashkanantambu

kashkanantambu Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 700w
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I also agree. More information is required. When choosing a phone, coverage is an important factor. So it will behoove you to check out the coverage area of the carrier first. Also, the actual phone is really a personal preferance as well as a functional issue. You must know what you are using the phone for and how often you will need certain features before deciding on one.

Just some pointers.

5. pizzpoor

pizzpoor New Member

Coverage is the ONLY factor when getting cell phone coverage. After all, what is a Phone for? It is intended to make and receive phone calls. Camera, text and internet functions are features much better used with devices you may already have. Consider the best area coverage, and pick the phone you like best with that carrier with the least possible committment on your part. Avoid 2 year agreements, theyre not a good deal for the consumer but great for the carrier.