Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

What about the REST of the Northeastern U.S.??????

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Looking for service in the Albany/Schenectady/Saratoga area with calls also to VT, OH, PA, and DE. AT&T does not even cover upstate NY! Based on this forum, it sounds as if SprintPCS may not be such a good choice. I am debating between Cingular and VoiceStream. Anyone have any of these in the above mentioned area? I would like some feedback from users not in the major metro areas so I can get an idea of service "out in the sticks."

2. milarepa

milarepa New Member

If you think upstate NY is bad, here in NEK VT we have no Cingular or Voice Stream. This isnt a big deal, as the concensus countrywide seems to be Verizon provides the best overall coverage. At Kevin James suggestion, I called ATT Wireless and they said they provide coverage to NH/VT but that Id have to have different point of origin. In my case I can use Florida where my mom is. Nextel on the other hand said SORRY, no coverage in upstate VT or NH when I called them

Talk about bizarre, though, Verison's East Region differs depending on where your point of origin is. In Florida it includes the entire east coast. In VT, only as far south as SC(excluding mom in FL). REgardless of Verizons apparent billing problems and regional disparity, Im about to take the leap to Verizon.

Now the question is whether to wait for the LGTM5250 or not?

Please note Kevin James note on comparative service and maybe keep him posted for your area. This service is so amazingly beneficial how can we not support it?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

See my response under "Upstate New York (Syracuse, Utica, Albany)". It's the same for you as for whoever asked the other question.....
    If you're really, really going 'out in the sticks' you may be in trouble. Otherwise, your best bet is Verizon....