Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

wet phone

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by paul litali, Oct 15, 2005.

1. paul litali

paul litali New Member

Hello, I'm a new guy. I've got a problem. My daughter dropped her LG VX8000 into a puddle. She grabbed it and picked it up right away. It was not on, and we haven't turned it on since, but by shaking it I can still get water out of it. I don't know how to disassemble it and she doesn't have insurance.
    I'd like to try to save it for her, any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I think you are out of luck. They can tell by looking at the battery if it has been in water. I dropped one in a puddle 2 months ago. It would turn on, but wouldn't connect a call. I took it in womens room and used blow dryer. I blew every drop of water out of that thing. Walked into verizon saying I didn't know what had happened. The rep took the back off, popped battery out. Showed me a strip along the bottom of battery that was now different color. that was that. Told me they couldn't do anything about it. Now I don't know if you could go buy a new battery for $50, pop it in and THEN take the phone back? :O

3. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    another thought...how long has she had phone? I don't know how long after you get it, that you are allowed to buy the ins. If you could buy the insurance, wait a few days and make a claim? I do "Think" you have to buy it within a short time after you get the phone tho. My son broke his phone once. I had a GREAT rep who let me buy the insurance long after we got phone, she back dated it one month. I paid 2 months premium and she put the claim thru for me. I'm sure tho you won't find another one like that!

4. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    And this rep was with Verizon? Damn I guess times have changed...

But I think I am going to soak my finger and touch my battery and see if anything changes colors. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...