Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

well it lasted longer than my 4400's...

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by Airb330, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My v400 broke while I was in Paris. Great huh! My earpriece doesn't work, but speakerphone and everything else does. Didn't drop it, etc.... it just stopped working. I'm gonna reflash everything back to spec and then take it to the nice Cingular store. I'm not a fan of the mail-in stuff, I'd rather the manager do something about it...I'm paranoid something will happen to it in the mail...then I'll get charged. So for now I'm using my backup Nokia 3200..I hate the Nokia GSM buzzing noise ugh. Well the v400 lasted about 6.5 months....more than most electronics I buy (everything electronic I buy breaks.)

PS the supposed new Cingular sms/web plans suck (the voice ones aren't great either) I guess they want Verizon to be #1 again.

2. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well I hope Cingular either fixes your v400 or replace it for free since it is less than a year old. ;)

Good luck Airb. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    Other than the earpiece breaking, how did it work over there for you? Quad Band must have been great!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WiggyFife

WiggyFife still knows nothing!!!

My Phone:
    Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Welcome back, Airb!!!

5. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks ss. I had a great time. The networks in France weren't that great to be honest. People just hype them up a lot on hofo I think. Orange was positively awful in Paris, I even dropped a call with full signal on it. SFR was mediocre throughout Paris, and was prettymuch non-existant in my room. Bouygues Telecom was the best, as I think they use 900 in Paris. When I was inside, usually only BT worked. We left Paris a few times, and once again BT came out on top. Orange was awful in Disney and throughout the Loire Valley. SFR was just mediocre throughout the countryside, but it was OK. Overall...BT was the best. That being said, Orange worked the best for international calls, so I used them, and if they didn't work then I switched to BT. Still gotta reflash the v400, bah.

6. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    Huh, interesting to hear that the providers over there weren't that good! One would figure that in a city the size of Paris, they would have great coverage! Oh well, it is still neat that you were able to try them out over there!