Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Well I think my parents are finally going to upgrade to LG 8300

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by kjo, Dec 5, 2006.

1. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    My mom is kind've talking about doing a upgrade and if she does she wants this phone as it's a little bigger buttons, louder, etc. so my step dad can operate it. Plus it's buy one for 49.99 and get one free right now.

I think it's a good deal. Any thoughts,etc. on this phone? thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Well, I have a few friends with this phone and they have nothing but good to say of it. Ive got to use it a few times and I believe its a durable little phone as well. If I stayed with verizon I would've considered this as my next phone... the only thing I hate is the stupid vzw User interface!!!

3. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I agree it does appear to be pretty sturdy..which is exactly what they need with my step dad in the picture :browani: :lmao:

I know alot of people don't care for the User interface...but you know I haven't had Verizon for almost 2 years now and that everytime I play with a phone at a booth in a mall or whatever I have no problems whatsover since it's the same interface that was on my LG 7000 phone before Verizon phones all had the same interface. I guess Verizon liked the one that LG had because that is what it ended up with. sorry...just makes me laugh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. I've never had a verizon phone with the UI, ive only looked at some or played around with them or whatever. The LG 6100 was the only phone I had with them didn't have the UI, it kind of acted like one from US Cellular, but it had different skins and colors and all of that.

5. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well I upgraded them! It'll be a suprise to my step dad for x-mas

Hey all

I got them a deal. My mom is aware that I have access to her account..so I went ahead and just did it!

She had gotten a flyer for 1 month service of 89.99 credited for free for resigning a one year contract...so I did that....*doesn't affect equipment upgrade! So then their contract was dec 2007
    then I order the LG 8300 buy one get one free! and they bypassed the rebate and everything using my mom's 100 upgrade credit...per manager approval. So then I had the phone's shipped to my house. Will probably show up today or tomorrow. My folks are coming up on Saturday, and I'll have them all charged and then they just have to be activated! and with this it moved their date to dec 2008, which was to be expected with new equipment anyway! But they did get a whole month of service free too! which 90 bucks will help in the month of jan...of NO BILL!

They will be so shocked and suprised. I'm so excited! But now their phones will be cooler than mine! what the heck!:eek:
    ah man...the new phone bug is hitting again...
    Someone please bring me a new cell phone for X-mas! lol

6. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Re: Well I upgraded them! It'll be a suprise to my step dad for x-mas

They will like the 8300...It is a very good phone, in all respects!

7. ian1001

ian1001 Junior Member

My Phone:
    moto razr v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon wireless
    i hope you realize that by going to display themes then to silver something it changes the user interface:)

8. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I've been able to change the color scheme...but as far as the actual userface nothing... :)

9. no the UI afaik cant be changed by changing the color scheme, lol.

the only way to get around the vzw user interface is to re-flash the phone with the software that us cellular, alltel or another cdma provider puts on their phones (the same exact phone software, just for another carrier that doesn't tamper w/ the UI)

10. dehaven.j

dehaven.j Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    if you go to display settings then display themes then select silver spin or pulse the menu will look completely diferent and will have diferent animations. i have mine set to silver spin. the menu rotates around when you press the right and left keys.