Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Well another Nokia of mine dead...

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Crazyboy, May 14, 2004.

1. Crazyboy

Crazyboy Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon...Maybe Cingular AGAIN
    My Mom's Nokia 3595 ringspeaker just died. She took over my phone contract in December and we switched for the day. Now I was changing the ringtone from some girly one she had and the speaker started making funny noises, it would play the ring only REALLY distorted. So I shut it off and turned it on thinking it would work, but when I call it all it does is play the ring real distorted for like 2 secconeds and it just stops and vibrates. Anyone else have this happen on a Nokia phone?
    :censored:
    All my nokias that have died: 5165 (x2), 6160 (x3), Nokia 3360 (x2), Nokia 3390, and now this. I really like nokia phones still, I think they are quite durable. Maybe its broken because of how much it was dropped. It has been dropped/kicked/punched/steped on many times. Well of to the AT&T store to get the upgrade since they will let me since I completed 9 months of my contract.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bugwart

Bugwart Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH i760,
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SKT, Verizon, China Mobile, EPlus
    I have had 6 Nokias.

4 have died:
    5185i (2)

The un-dead Nokias are a 252 and a 2120.

My other phones are: Oki (2), Ericsson, Qualcomm, Audiovox (3), LG (3), Samsung (4), and Motorola (2). These include AMPS, TDMA, GSM, and CDMA. None of these have died. Some had problems, but they still worked.

Based on my own experience with handsets from 8 different manufacturers, I must conclude that Nokia has quality assurance and quality control issues that they need to resolve.

3. mel1214

mel1214 New Member

My Phone:
    lg vx6000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    i have a 3595 but don't use it much since i don't get signal in my area (go figure) so can't say how good it really is after time since mine is basically new