Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Welcome to the Verizon Message

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by weberman, Nov 18, 2007.

1. weberman

weberman New Member

I am frequently getting this message on my new RAZR2 in an area where there is very good Alltel coverage.

Welcome to the Verizon Network, this phone must be activated ..............................

My wife was standing next to me, outside our house and was able to call me on her LG AX8600.

Any ideas?

:confused::confused::confused:

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Need some more details...but where did you get your RAZR? You may have a verizon prl or home id programmed into your phone instead of alltel's...etc...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. weberman

weberman New Member

Phone is brand new and came directly from Alltel. It was programmed by them. My RAZR2 has Alltel on the back of the phone.

My phone's signal strength bars indicate full strength signal.

I remember that I have had this problem before with my old Alltel Motorola phone.

I am beginning to think Alltel has a glitch in there system.

:confused:

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You'll need to speak with Technical Support from another phone. Probably there is something in the MTSO, or "switch" (computer that controls the network) that will need to be fixed for your service to work right. If you get an experienced Tech, it shouldn't take long to correct the issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. weberman

weberman New Member

Spoke with tech support. They had me reactivate the phone to update the roaming features. Said they have a roaming agreement with Verizon and that I should not have any more problems.

Thanks for the input.

:)