Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Welcome to big red Gamer03

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Buickman, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    I could not resist, I had to welcome Erik over to the good side. Bye bye AT&T Bold, hello VZW Storm. :D I am actually typing this while I'm on the phone with you, so I'm sure it won't be long till you read this. Welcome aboard!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wow... was AT&T that bad in SW Florida?!? Or was it the customer service? Why didn't you choose Alltel?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks James. You should of said welcome back. :D

4. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    We should have never switched. We had problems with AT&T from the beginning. Then during the past month the dropped calls started happening. AT&T said yesterday that it must have been our local tower (except we were dropping calls all around town). I think the network is overloaded here. Everywhere I look there are AT&T phones and the AT&T "ringtone". We had it. We dropped calls on three out of four of our phones. My dad dropped two business calls late last week. This does not look good for business. I think that the iPhone has clogged their network and that their network is oversaturated in my area (from what I have seen). We will be saving $50/month since we switched to Verizon. :) The reason that we didn't switch to Alltel is because we know more people on Verizon so we would have more "free" calls.

We switched to Verizon, ported our four numbers over, and chose the Nationwide Select 1400 FS plan (with the 10 number Friends & Family included). My dad and mom are using the Motorola Adventure V750, my sister is using the LG Chocolate 3, and I will be using the Storm.

#4 Gamer03, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wow... that's a shame that one phone has basically killed the network there:confused: sounds like an oversold network.

Recently, I have had some odd issues with my prepaid phone in Tallahassee (data)... CS blamed my phone and basically told me to get another phone because it was too old... If the phone is still sold on the website, it's not that old:confused: Um, most of the prepaid phone kits are EDGE or GPRS only, so the data problems wont go away. AT&T should stand behind their network...

Voice quality was ok here, but I'm glad I didn't dump evil red. Less problems on VZW for me.

Were you able to exit without penalty?

Anyways, welcome back and enjoy the Storm!!!

6. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    That is exactly what I think too. Everywhere I go I hear the "AT&T" ringtone. Too many AT&T phones here equal a crowded network. The unfortunate part is that we had to pay the ETF on four lines. I made an Excel spreadsheet and found that we will come out close to a wash (about $100 over that we will have to "spend"). Not too bad of a deal considering we will be saving money in the long term (I used my old E815 to test Verizon extensively during the past 2 months before we made a decision).

7. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile: BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Ok.. That's nice to hear. At least Verizon has made some improvements since you left. Verizon has been on a buildout frenzy even before the Alltel buyout in these parts. In Tallahassee Verizon is almost a well kept secret since its expensive. Did Verizon give you any welcome back presents ;)?

8. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    They gave us some money off on cases and screen protectors for the phones. At least it was something.

9. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Welcome back to the Big Red Borg :)evillaugh), Erik, your assimilation is complete...;):D

Hope this go-round with Verizon works out better than your AT&T experience.:)

10. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks Mike. We won't be switching again. I am glad to be back to a service where the calls don't drop on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

11. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Should have gotten the omnia. ;)

Welcome back!

12. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Oh No Erik, lost you to the dark side again?:D

Hope Big Red treats you well this time around.

Have fun with the Storm and let us know how you like it.

13. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    That's good you found a good carrier...I really like the storm..too bad they don't have it rolled out yet for alltel. But I do want to mention we get free m2m to Verizon customers too. So you can call Alltel people for free as well. They integrated them last month....

14. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks Stupiud. I looked at it yesterday. The only thing is I like to get and view our business emails right away so it had to be another BB for me. :)

15. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Sorry Charlyee. We had to get a carrier that didn't drop calls at least 3 times a day around town. We should have never switched from them last July. It was my fault. On the positive side, at least Verizon is better now and the reception is strong and clear at our house. If it does get weak again at our house we can always buy the Verizon Network Extender. It is also nice that we have the 10 number F&F deal included and we now save $50/month on cell service. :)

16. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I like the Storm too. I will have to get used to the all touch screen device though. The typing on it isn't so bad but it is definitely easier when I am in landscape mode with the qwerty keyboard. My uncle isn't included for free M2M even though he is on Alltel. I think he located in a divested area (he lives in the Muskegon, MI area).

17. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Good luck Gamer, I know you have had your share of problems with AT&T. I hope things work out for the better for you with VZW.:)

18. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks josephd. I wish we didn't have problems with AT&T. I could see if we dropped calls at home. Then we could get AT&T to come out and check the tower. But dropping calls with a tower 0.25 miles from you (that has AT&T on it) is unacceptable. Plus we got the call failed message around town (even on major roads). Like I already stated we are very happy with Verizon and will not be changing ever again.

19. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Like you said, it is probably network overload. Fortunately for me here in the N.E. AT&T has served me well.

20. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Erik,

Enjoy your ride on America's Most Reliable 3G network. ;)

Welcome back!

21. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks Andy. Down in the Everglades City area (a town of around 500 or so people) Verizon has 3G there. We would lose AT&T 3G 5 miles east of town (the last "populated" area) which is about 35 minutes from Everglades City.

#21 Gamer03, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009