Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Websurfing w/o paying???

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by dcghost, Feb 8, 2003.

1. dcghost

dcghost New Member

Sorry I did not inlcude this in my other thread, but I heard something in here about being able to change the IP and ports so that you can surf for free. Something about this website. - http://waptunnel.com -

If any of you know how to do this please let me know, I did not see any settings on changing IP settings, just PORT speed, it had 3 settings and is set on the middle one.

Thanks

Proud Owner of the VX4400

2. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    This is interesting. However, what is the "functionality loss" that I should expect? I get nervous seeing the phone will be reconfigured...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. grotgrot

grotgrot Guest

In the section about what you pay Verizon for. Specifically:

- Their web proxy has security turned on, so all data traffic between your phone and them is encrypted.

- Their wap proxy helps store your bookmarks.

- They have integrated MSN service (probably most useful if you regularly use MSN).

- They can send alerts (eg stock quotes, new mail)

waptunnel doesn't do any of the above. I've not found any other WAP proxies that do have the above
    functionality.