Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Web experience on various Sprint phones?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by A-Lert, Aug 5, 2008.

1. A-Lert

A-Lert New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo MM-7500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    I'm interested in traveling without dragging my laptop around. Just wondering about which phone might best suit my needs. Like to check my e-mail; like to check out various web sites (restaurant reviews, sports scores, news). Looking at the Blackberry Curve; any other suggestions? Your experience?

2. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I have used the Samsung A-900, M610, and the HTC Mogul for the tasks you mention. The Mogul is the only phone Sprint is selling right now from that list, and it provides a far better web browsing experiance than the 'dumb phones'. I use the touch screen a lot when web browsing, it's almost like having a mouse, and I much prefer it to clicking around on a navigation pad or scrolling.

The Mogul will nicely satisfy the need you have, travel without your laptop but still have most of the useful features. The Curve is a great phone too so you can't go wrong there either. The Touch is nice but I like a real keypad. Some new phones are on the way to Sprint in the next couple months so thats always something to keep in mind. Try to go in and test a couple phones at a Sprint store and get a feel for them.

3. JTurtle

JTurtle New Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I personally use the Touch, and think it's great for basic browsing. Perhaps the greatest thing is that I have a fold-out BT keyboard I use with it. And if for some reason the mobile-browser isn't sufficient, I simply VNC back home to use my full-blown desktop on my phone, and at 3G speed, it is very usable.

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have the Samsung ACE and it really is how Sprint describes it.........your office in your hand.....it's all very functional and the web experience is generally very good......even with non-mobile web pages

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I have a Motorola Q9c and am very satisfied with it's performance both with email (I have several accounts set up and they all work fine), and with web browsing. It even allows me to view a live web cam I have set up for property security and also view documents, pictures, etc.

All, in all, I am pleased, however I understand that it's gotten a bit hard to find.

6. A-Lert

A-Lert New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo MM-7500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    Just to follow up... I got the Curve. After about an hour of playing around with it I was really thinking I had made a big mistake. But I did the BlackBerry 101, looked through the manual and WOW... my mistake was thinking I had made a mistake! Does every thing I wanted it to do and more.

Downloaded the latest operating system (it's been out a while... can't figure out why the phone didn't come with it); got Docs2Go so I can read and edit Office documents. The web experience s mostly good but in the places it isn't, it's because of the way the web pages were put together. I'm loving the way the e-mail works.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah i heard no one can really beat Blackberry email

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...