Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Weak Signal inside house - Need a boost

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by mtn-bike, Jul 21, 2007.

1. mtn-bike

mtn-bike New Member

My Phone:
    Moto v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW.....Rrrrrrr
    Hello all,
    I have VZW and can only talk reliably outside the house (I live in the woods)......has anyone found a good signal booster, I would prefer wireless as the external antenna thing gets old and not all phones have a jack. Thanks in advance.

2. jjdu42

jjdu42 Junior Member

3. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Take a look at this

www.cyfre.com | Cyfre™ RF Amplifiers

Available In September

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Also what type of connections does it take Looks like some cable tv inputs or something lol.

6. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The system will be around $600 and will include everything you need , Out door antenna , 2 Indoor antennas , all cabling and the amplifier of course. Keep in mind it is dual band and will handle up to 10 phones or devices at once on multiple carriers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Just wondering will it have the option to connect to your phones rf port if you wanted to go that route

8. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    No , it will just be wireless

9. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    And what would your opnion be for this one?

10. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):

You need a good signal outside for that unit and for good coverage inside buy thier antenna upgrade kit .

11. hf1khal

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    External is about half coverage on the 2nd floor indoors and outside a toch more and that goes for all providers as the locations in mind seem to be in a heavey town controled areas basicaly NIMBY and heavy high trees. Lets say indoors on the main level one can gat one or two bars (out of 6) compared to 3 or 4 outdoors at higher points, then hopefully this one should serve right!

12. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Make sure the vendor you buy from has a return policy if the product does not meet your needs or expectations

13. hf1khal

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Thank you. the ones I see have a 30 day return policy.

14. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Good Stuff

15. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    If you are able to make calls outside the house this is a reasonably priced repeater.

Wi-Ex zBoost YX510-PCS/CEL Wireless Extender (YX 510-PCS/CEL) (Wireless Extenders) | Wireless Extenders (Wi-Ex) [YX510-PCS/CEL] apple iphone cell repeater improve signal cell phone repeater booster cell booster cell phone booster wi-ex WI EX z boost

If you only need 800 MHz try this one and you can save about $90.00.
    http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?main_cat=07&CAT=&PROD=YX500-CEL

These work, I have the dual band system, but they both support multiple phones at the same time which is very nice.

If you can get into your phone's field test mode it will help you find the area where the signal is best so that is where the outdoor antenna should be placed. I just mounted the outdoor antenna on a pole above my roof and that works well. Make sure you have it properly grounded.

16. mimic

mimic New Member

????:popcorn:

17. AlanJP

AlanJP New Member

Check out powerfulsignal dot com. Their prices are around $459.00 for their basic SOHO (small office/home office) kit. You can also substitute a Yagi directional antenna for the omni-directional antenna they include. Just talk with Lee and he'll walk you through the set up... really easy. I have one in my cabin AND my RV and they work great! Wilson amps have the highest receiver sensitivity of the RF Linear Amps on the market and their microprocessor technology controls the output so they don't enterfere with the cell site or other cell users. Most of the other amps out there claim they do that... but carriers hate them because they don't shut down when installed improperly (or poorly engineered to begin with). That's my opinion! Good luck.

#17 AlanJP, Aug 1, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  18. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Must be the former Wilson Employee who is now at Powerful Signal now, right in the hometown of Wilson , LOL .

19. AlanJP

AlanJP New Member

Good guess. Lee and Kevin used to work here and wanted to make more money (go figure) and liking to encourage innovative thinking we helped them get their business started... another Wilson Products Dealer... notice they are exclusively Wilson... no Cyfre products. They've seen what Cyfer amplifiers do on a spectrum analyzer and the oscillation spike... scary stuff! We wish PowerfulSignal well... they're selling the heck out of Wilson products!

20. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I guess your results are why Cyfre are the only amplifiers approved by any major Cellular Carrier. I guess your signal Generaters and ocsillation testing must be better that Alltel's go figure.. By the way would a VP leave a company to make more money , go Figure VP's usually make the big money .

21. AlanJP

AlanJP New Member

Again, get your facts. Our VP is a Wilson... Bruce was head of BD (director level) and the unit was integrated into our ever growing sales division... BTW how many employees do you have? Chuckle, chuckle... anyway, we've been in business over 40 years and have 13 engineers well published with more RF experience than you and me will ever have. Good luck selling Cyfre. I really do wish you well just customer beware... that's all.

22. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Our facts are straight. And our sales just keep climbing every month with lots more great products hitting the market soon. The future is so bright we gotta wear shades.Good luck going to get interesting for you guys. maybe Bruce was the lucky one.

23. Cindy Fendley

Cindy Fendley New Member

My Phone:
    Palm 700 wx
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Alltel customer from Louisiana. Have a Palm Treo 700wx. Good decent signal until a few days ago. Now no service and no texting. What could have happened. My husbands cell is Motorola razer works fine side by side. HELP:lmao:

24. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    sounds like your Palm bit the biscuit . You should take it i9n to your Alltel store nad have them check it out

25. Cindy Fendley

Cindy Fendley New Member

My Phone:
    Palm 700 wx
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Alltel replaced the phone. But a weak signal is a good as it gets. What's they cheapest antenna for the house that will boost both phones?

26. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cheap and wireless don't go together unfortunatley . Your least expensive solution and giving you the wireless feel you are looking for would be to get a direct connect amplifier . Leave your handset connected to it . Then get a good bluetooth headset to give you the freedom you are looking for.

27. RadioEngineer

RadioEngineer Junior Member

My Phone:
    Razor
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT
    Why Engineers Prefer Wilson

I am an RF engineer with 30+ years of design experience and I am in AWE of you guys at Wilson!!
    We will ONLY specify Wilson Amps for the SOHO market, Period.
    We own several spectrum analyzers and know how to use them. We only recommend clean amps. Wilson amps are as clean as country water and pure as mountain snow spectrum wise. I recommend great caution in selecting BDAs because there are many grades of performance which cannot be measured by a customer or even most dealers/sales orgs. Some cheap amps are an invitation for an FCC visit.
    As to return policy, we offer an optional full two year extended warranty option on all Wilson products, because they work and keep working.
    Have a Five Bar Day
    Bill About Signal Bars R Us

28. RadioEngineer

My Phone:
    Razor
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT
    Best of Luck to Powerful Signal

OOPS I forgot to wish Lee and Kevin sucess as a Wilson new dealer!! Just as long as they don't open an office in the DC/Maryland market........
    Bill Signal Bars R Us

29. shango

shango Junior Member

My Phone:
    M800, v266, w315
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Re: Why Engineers Prefer Wilson

Thats true, but the Wilson has to much gain. I have one in my truck with a 3db mag mount on the roof. Any time i get close to a cell site my phone is kicked to analog. If I use a digital only phone its disabled and kicked to no service. I can see the phone in test mode at full cutback, -50db and thats still not low enough. Cut the amp off or unplug it from the phone and everything ok.
    Could be that the cell sites in this area are all remote mountain sites and have some kind of pre amp but the Cyfree amp never does this.
    I guess its all about where your using it.

30. RadioEngineer

My Phone:
    Razor
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT
    Why Engineers Universally Prefer Wilson

There could be worse issues with a sub-par amp; be glad it is shutting down on it's own and not misbehaving in such a way as to make you a "fox hunt" project for the cell carrier to find and shut down.
    Is it inconvenient for you to simply turn the amp off when you are so close to the site?
    Operating in this sort of field with an amplifier is not advisable with any brand of amp, good or bad. These amplifiers are designed to enhance rural coverage and all bets are off if one is trying to operate them in saturation level RF fields. A simple analogy would be putting a power megaphone at someone's ear. Use the megaphone when they are sufficiently far enough away that they cant hear your normal voice.
    I get frustrated by salesmen who tell end users that "their" amps operate in such situations perfectly when they know little of the complexities of RF dynamic range issues and the physical limits of such devices.
    It is particulary irritating to see "advice" offered by unqualified salesmen with no engineering training who pontificate freely on these issues- having never seen, much less operated, an RF spectrum analyzer.
    Bill Signal Bars R Us