Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

wap text formatting

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by VxxRoBxxV, Jul 26, 2003.

1. VxxRoBxxV

VxxRoBxxV New Member

I'm creating my own wap page and was wondering why none of the text formatting codes are working such as bold/italic/underline/etc on my vx4400, does the vx4400 just not support text formatting things like that? thanks for the help

2. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    are you creating it on the phone or on your computer. what site are u using to create the wap site ? im not sure if html codes are accepted by wap sites.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VxxRoBxxV

VxxRoBxxV New Member

I'm creating the wap site on my computer, i am using visualbasic to make a program that signs on to aim and creates the different pages when someone signs on/off, i get an im, etc I know its not the best way but its the only way I can think of doing it and its working great so far. I'm not using any sites to create the wap site, I'm having VB dynamically create the pages and I'm hosting the site on my own computer. I know html codes arent accepted by wap sites but wap sites have the same codes as the html one for bold/italic/underline/etc (I know from reading some wap tutorials and ive also seen bold/italic text on sites when i use a wap emulator on the computer, just not when i use my phone so it must be the vx4400 not showing the formatting) well just to update, so far the computer can sign on to aim, get your buddy list and who is on, sort the list alphabetically, and I am now working on having it save the wap page in the server folder for phones to see. i think my design is pretty good for simplicity. here is an example of what you would see if you signed on your phone:

--Buddies--
    ~name01
    *name02
    name03
    --Family--
    *name04
    name05

the ~ before the name tells you they have their away msg on, the * means they have sent you an IM, each screen name is a link that if you select it and click the left button it opens the im window with your conversation and a box at the bottom to send an im, if you click the right button it brings up info for the user like online time, warning level, away msg, profile

let me know what you guys think