Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wanting a Nokia 7360

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by sheryl81, May 18, 2006.

1. sheryl81

sheryl81 New Member

I currently have Verizon Wireless and I am in the dark ages with a VX 3200 and have been looking to get a new toy for a while now. I stumbled across the Nokia 7360 tonite and I want it!! I have no clue if there is any way I can actually get it to work with my carrier. Here is a link: http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,8764,83494,00.html

So since I have been seeing them available unlocked everywhere I did some research to see how I would go about getting it to work for me and I still am pretty lost. I don't think my current phone HAS a Sim card it is so ancient. So if I buy an unlocked phone, such as this Nokia one, is there any chance I could get it to work on Verizon Wireless here in the Greater NY/NJ area?

Edit: I meant the flip version, the 7370 if it makes a difference.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Unfortunately sheryl81, this phone is not compatible with Verizon Wireless. Verizon Wireless runs on a CDMA network. This phone is made for GSM networks, specifically those in Europe.

U.S. GSM carriers are T-Mobile and Cingular. GSM and CDMA are not compatible. For that matter CDMA phones (for Verizon, Sprint, Allel, and US Cellular) do not use SIM cards. GSM carriers do.

Even if you had Cingular or T-Mobile, this phone would leave you at a disadvantage since the 7370 is European Tri-Band (operating on European frequencies of 900 mhz and 1800 mhz). In America, we us the 800 mhz and 1900 mhz. This phone only has the 1900 mhz band availability for American use. You could run into a lot of "No Service" issues.

A lot of what I mentioned is phone-speak. But basically this phone is a no go for your use, unless you are willing to change carriers and risk possible service issues.

:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sheryl81

sheryl81 New Member

Sigh I figured as much. I am interested to see which service carries this phone eventually cause on Nokia's website they talk of an upcoming release date.

Do you have any recommendations for another phone that is a bit more stylish than the usual? I really don't want a Razor, I think everyone I know has one.

4. sheryl81

sheryl81 New Member

Sorry duplicate

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hi there, welcome to WA. Assuming you want to stay with Verizon, the only phones available for you will be what Verizon offers. The 2 phones that I have heard good things about are the Motorola E815 and the LG VX8100. I have no personal experience with either of them but if you do a search on this site you will find that has been a lot of discussion on both of them.

HTH :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Well, as Charlyee said, this could possibly be Cingular or TMobile but we don't think they will carry the European version, which is the 7370. Generally, Nokia will produce a US/North American version with a slightly different model number. It is odd that the 7370 is listed by Nokia as "coming soon" to the US, yet there is no US version of it. Cingular's introduction of Nokia phones has been very slow lately, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

BTW this is called a swivel or "spin style" phone and if you like that sort of thing you might want to check out the Sony Ericsson W600i available from Cingular. This is a nice little phone/music player and gets good reviews on PhoneScoop

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=761