Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

want to see Alltel coverage in my area

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by adnanroni, Sep 5, 2008.

1. adnanroni

adnanroni New Member

Hi all,

I am thinking of switching to Alltel, and I would like to view which parts in my surrounding area are in roaming/non-roaming part. Can you guys please let me know:

1. Is there a website for Alltel where I can find coverage by post code area? (Sprint, verizon ATT all have this feature).

2. Can I assume that wherever there is Verizon network, Alltel will work there too, WITHOUT roaming charges?

Thanks,
    Roni

2. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    No, Alltel has the worst coverage maps. That is why we copied the last of the maps we could find from the "old" Alltel and Western Wireless days . But they are for the western US, you don't say where you are.

For now, no. Alltel's primary roaming partner is Sprint and where Sprint has coverage and Alltel doesn't, you should be roaming on Sprint. In some areas, Verizon would then be the next chosen roaming partner, but not always. This may change next year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adnanroni

adnanroni New Member

Thanks a lot! I live in Raleigh, NC, so I guess the maps won't work for me.

So, I can check the Sprint coverage map and assume that wherever there is Sprint network, the alltel national freedom plan will roam WITHOUT the roaming charges, right?

Thanks Again!

4. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    I live in Charlotte NC and have family in Rolesville, Raleigh and New Bern, NC. I also use to work for a company on Capital Blvd. in Raliegh. That company chose Alltel for their wireless provider due to great coverage. It was a delivery company that has offices in Raleigh, Wilmington and Charlotte and delivered products to nearly eery corner of NC and parts of SC and VA. We had over 50 lines with Alltel. I decided to switch from Cingular to Alltel for my personal phone as a result of being impressed with the coverage after using my company phone there. The chances of you roaming anywhere in the Carolinas (minus the mountains) are slim to none. I cannot remember the last time I roamed in the two Carolinas. Alltel has the Carolinas covered better than anyone else. The coverage is awesome. In the Raleigh area, Alltel does not roam on Verizon and honestly does not need too. In Charlotte, western NC and upstate SC, Alltel can roam on Verizon, but that rarely happens at all unless you are in the mountains, Alltel covers all of the Carolinas except for the mountains. Alltel's coverage ends about 50 miles west of I-77. When you get out there you roam on Sprint, Verizon and Carolina West Wireless free. Make the switch. You will not regret. The coverage is amazing.

What is your zip code? I know where some of the towers are up there.

Generally speaking this is true, although the chances of you roaming on Sprint where Alltel covers is slim since Alltel has much better coverage. There are some places in the country where you will roam on Verizon instead of Sprint. like I-81 through VA roams on Verizon before Sprint. If a cell phone company covers an area, chances are your Alltel phone will work!