Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Want Alltel home telephone service for only $9.99 a month

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by jonathancwalter, Jun 2, 2008.

1. jonathancwalter

jonathancwalter New Member

Alltel home telephone service for only $9.99 a month. Just contact your local authorized Alltel dealer and tell them you would like home telephone service using the Telular SX5T Fixed Wireless Terminal. You can add an additional voice line for any Individual or Family Plan offering with My Circle Unlimited for $9.99 a month.

It is a great service. It is just a small cellular box that gets it's own phone number, and simply plugs into your existing home telephone jack. It then make all the other home telephone jacks in your home active via the Alltel cellular network. You can use any standard corded or cordless home telephone. Plus, it allows you to take advantage of unlimited nights & weekend, unlimited mobile-to-mobile minutes, and free long distance. It also includes basic voicemail, Caller ID, 3-way calling, and call waiting, which are usually additional features from the average telephone company.

The Telular terminal gets great reception much better than any mobile phone on the market due to it's high-gain external antenna.

GetWireless | A value-added distributor of cellular based solutions

Attached Files:

2. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    I would rather have the femtocell that Sprint and Verizon are getting, have unlimited calls from home on my cell and with one number.

3. jonathancwalter

Femtocells are an excellent idea, and only having one phone number is perfect if you are single. Think about a couple with a kid that leaves the kid with a babysitter, while they go out for dinner, and the babysitter does not have a mobile phone. What if an emergency arises and the babysitter needs to call 911 how does she call if there is no home telephone?

My point is there are still several people out there that require home telephone service even if there are more an more people using a mobile phone for all their communication needs. The Telular SX5T at $9.99 a month is an ideal low-cost way of having home telephone service through Alltel. Plus the Telular SX5T is also approved by Verizon and Sprint as well.

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    jonathancwalter, Hello & Welcome to WA.

Are you associated with Get Wireless LLC?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jonathancwalter

Yes, I am a Senior Account Executive with the company. Should you have any questions outside of this thread, then please feel free to send me an email at jwalter@getwirelessllc.com

6. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    How would these devices work with an alarm system? Is there a "dialtone" on the home handset?

7. jonathancwalter

Yes, all Telular terminals whether GSM or CDMA offer a PSTN dial tone through an RJ11 jack. Telular actually owns the patent on this technology, so any type of device requiring a PSTN dial tone through an RJ11 interface would work on the voice channels. Now most alarm systems and sattelite TV require CSD (circuit-switch data), so this would depend on the network. I do know that Alltel still supports CSD, but you would still want to check availability in your area.

8. shango

shango Junior Member

My Phone:
    M800, v266, w315
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I use mine all over the place with a cordless phone. Its great at remote work sites where you need to be connected to a yagi because the Telular can be located right at the antenna and the cordless phone carried all over the place.
    Im also upgrading a rural cellular only resort that was using analog cellular connection modems to these. They have 3 modes, voice, data and fax. I[​IMG]

#8 shango, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  9. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    What are the chances these will still be offered when Verizon takes over?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. shango

shango Junior Member

My Phone:
    M800, v266, w315
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I think verizon supports/offers them. I know sprint does and they do make a gsm one you just slip your sim in if you with att/tmobile.

If the esn is in the system, I dont think Verizon will take it out. That wouldnt be a good way to keep customers.

I have a resort in death valley running on these, they are really good quality and work very well.

11. Instantwill

Instantwill New Member

My Phone:
    Amp'd v3m(Alltel Flash)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I guess I'm blind, but I can't seem to find this service on the Alltel site. Is this maybe a regional thing?

12. shango

shango Junior Member

My Phone:
    M800, v266, w315
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The Fallon Nevada store is the only one that has them in the west. Otherwise you buy one on line and have them put the esn in the system.

Programming them is not fun without the PST. Most of them have lock codes set so *228 doesn't work.
    If you are not real proficient with phone programming and computers I would recommend ordering one through the Fallon store. I think they are in the $500 range.
    They also have a standard desk phone style one with the handset built in.

13. jonathancwalter

Actually, the Telular device is approved for Verizon, Sprint, and Alltel. Both Verizon and Alltel support *228 of these devices. You will not find the product on their websites. They are primarily offered by Authorized Dealers nationwide.

Please feel free to contact me, or GetWireless and we can direct you to the appropriate dealer in your area.

Jonathan Walter
    888-715-1089
    jwalter@getwirelessllc.com
    GetWireless | A value-added distributor of cellular based solutions