Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

wallpaper + phone book index mismatch fixed in bitpm?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Kal525, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Kal525

Kal525 New Member

i just bought a usb cable for the vx4400 and have read the entire thread on bitpm. And it seems as though although you can delete things successfuly that any associated ringtones/wallpapers assigned to a given caller will be messed up. Does anyone know if this problem is fixed in the .52 version or if there is a way around it? I want to make sure that i'm not gonna mess up my phone before i start toying with it. If this still is a problem, is GAGIN also plagued by it?

2. narississ

narississ New Member

i don't know if the problem is fixed but gagin works perfectly fine. the people are becoming to lazy and want everything done for them. some times it is best you do it yourself

3. Kal525

Kal525 New Member

i just browsed the very short tutorial that GAGIN comes with and it appears as though the brew app loader on the phone is actually modified. To my knowledge bitpm does not modify the apploader at all yet still has access to all of the features that gagin has. Is this incorrect? I'm not really understanding what Gagin is doing as opposed to bitpm.

4. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    The 2 big advantages of BITPIM over GAGIN is that it is easier to use for beginners and will run under win98/ME where with GAGIN you have to use XP or 2000. The advantage of GAGIN is that it has a lot less bugs in it. I however use BITPIM because I am not going upgrade my OS and have had no major problems. If you are using BITPIM just remember that if you are going to delete any images or ringers from your phone to do it through BITPIM and not directly from the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...